Sponsored

Safe to drive on Base PBD File?

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I need to drive my car this weekend and I had loaded a base file from Trevor at PBD on Friday. He requested a log with a 3min idle and step rev test up to 3k RPM. I completed that and sent it to him but likely won’t hear back until they open Monday. Is it safe to drive on this base file or should I flash it back to stock?
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I need to drive my car this weekend and I had loaded a base file from Trevor at PBD on Friday. He requested a log with a 3min idle and step rev test up to 3k RPM. I completed that and sent it to him but likely won’t hear back until they open Monday. Is it safe to drive on this base file or should I flash it back to stock?
You Should be fine

OP
OP
Marino

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Well I tried to load the stock tune and it wasn’t recognized so it doesn’t look like I have a choice.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Its the one with your VIN as the filename.and .stk as the extension. You should be fine on the base map - just dont romp on it. Good luck.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Base tune is safe to just putz around. No wot and you'll be fine.

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
You're fine. I've been driving around with Lund's base tune for a couple days now since it hasn't stopped raining.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The base file is usually a 80-90% calibration. It's perfectly safe to drive around on provided the condition of your vehicle matches expectations from your tuner. The revision(s) you get after doing logs are to up that percentage to the best they can do with a remote tune.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Base file will be fine to drive on. Just make sure like stated, you don't make any WOT pulls until they tell you that you are good to go.
Sponsored