S550 V8 Gives Jeremy Clarkson "The Fizz"

OP
OP

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I love that we're on a list that contains the likes of the AMG GT-S, Ferrari 488 GTB, BMW M2, and Lamborghini Aventador.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yeah, but it's part of their middle-finger to the BBC.
Enough is enough. More car reviews.
They used to be very detailed about cars. Now they are just accelerate, smoke, drift and call it good. We need more details.

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP black on black
Enough is enough. More car reviews.
They used to be very detailed about cars. Now they are just accelerate, smoke, drift and call it good. We need more details.
I tend to agree with this as well. I love the old Top Gear and I know the Grand Tour is doing certain things as an F you to BBC but, its getting old. Ive found myself watching the show only to keep it open and go browse other sites while I listen to it. I really wish they could get some sense of the old Top Gear into the Grand Tour.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I watched a bit of episode 2 and 3 last night. I've noticed that it is very obvious how scripted the show is compared to classic Top Gear. The one-liners, jokes, and gags that where improvised in the past are actual lines that the three have memorized and are reciting. They're basically performing as themselves. It's weird. I'd like it more if the show was just the three of them in a pub, three pints of lager, a rolling camera and no filter. It's all so forced now.

Still great fun to watch tho.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I watched a bit of episode 2 and 3 last night. I've noticed that it is very obvious how scripted the show is compared to classic Top Gear. The one-liners, jokes, and gags that where improvised in the past are actual lines that the three have memorized and are reciting. They're basically performing as themselves. It's weird. I'd like it more if the show was just the three of them in a pub, three pints of lager, a rolling camera and no filter. It's all so forced now.

Still great fun to watch tho.
To be fair, the last few seasons of Top Gear with those three were going into that direction... they're just continuing it.

I don't like it either. I don't care much for the forced gags and wished their "films" came off a little more natural. I know they've always been scripted to some degree, but it used to be better.

Sponsored

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
While entertaining, the special forces film they did was really just a slapstick comedy routine and not about cars. They redeemed themselves with the Italy roadtrip tho, that felt like the closest episode to the older top gear, also so did last week where they had to build their own cars. Its season 1 so they know what works, the road trips, the build your own stuff challanges, but they're also branching out a bit to see what else they can do to keep it fresh.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
We learned with BBC episodes that some episodes had bigger budgets than other episodes.

Freaking Reliant Robin Shuttle anybody????

So my guess is some stuff will be epic and some will be standard fare by the numbers.

They gotta get rid of NASCAR dude though. He might be able to drive but he sucks.

If you are gonna let the guy talk make it like a Randy Probst type who can convey why a car is good. Let that lend credit to exactly what the other 3 hosts are talking about. But then you have a 4th personality/host and that isnt needed.

The new track is kinda boring as well. Unless they start getting some bench marks up there like the Arial Atom and other cars it is kinda pointless. Rebuild the list with nearly every car that was on the TopGear list and it will mean something.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I believe the American, the revolving door of dead celebrities, etc. will all fade with time. They're all smart enough to realize it's getting old.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I believe the American, the revolving door of dead celebrities, etc. will all fade with time. They're all smart enough to realize it's getting old.
A lot of stuff has been done for the US audience as Amazon is a US company. I'm Sure the 2 episodes in Whitby and the Traffic Lights in T Square have gone down great overseas :D
Episode 4 was as closest to Top Gear as will get, without getting sued by the beeb

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
There best show was the tour through Vietnam while on TG. I've watched that 3 or 4 times. It's probably their most authentic episode.
Sponsored