Sponsored

S550 more prone to accidents?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
People drive bad nowadays. It don’t matter what you drive but hey, try driving a motorcycle. Think your scared in your Mustang ?

I do feel safest in my trunk with the big huge metal bumpers
Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Yes, there is an abundance of stupid, selfish and vindictive people who drive but I also try to remember that I never know what someone else may be going through...
This. It helps to remember to never take it personal because it rarely is. As mad as I get sometimes, I just tell myself "maybe they're in a legit hurry w/ a good reason" or "maybe they actually didn't see me" or "maybe they're really just a total a-hole" which in that case, I feel worse for them.

Also, I never engage because my dad always told me growing up "there's always gonna be someone bigger and badder than you" haha.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
People drive bad nowadays. It don’t matter what you drive but hey, try driving a motorcycle. Think your scared in your Mustang ?

I do feel safest in my trunk with the big huge metal bumpers
Cell phones are the problem.

Don't be afraid to blow your horn to get their attention. A choice hand gesture is some times in order as well... (where i live it is illegal to even touch your cell phone while driving unless it is dash mounted).

Of course, it is also illegal to use the center lane as a merge lane to pull into traffic where i live as well and i don't see police enforcing that either...

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
This. It helps to remember to never take it personal because it rarely is. As mad as I get sometimes, I just tell myself "maybe they're in a legit hurry w/ a good reason" or "maybe they actually didn't see me" or "maybe they're really just a total a-hole" which in that case, I feel worse for them.

Also, I never engage because my dad always told me growing up "there's always gonna be someone bigger and badder than you" haha.
That is true to an extent...however no amount of "just finding out your wife is cheating on you" justifies going out and KILLING another with bad driving....(though i can ALMOST understand the bad driving in such situations....that still does not excuse it in my opinion).

Your bad day is not an excuse to endanger the well being of the innocent...neither is your incompetence.

In a hurry? Fast drivers do not bother me one bit. The last time i checked the entire point of a motor vehicle vs walking was to get places fast...not to languish slowly in traffic blocking everyone around you and pulling out in front of people while you surf face book....

What bothers me is tail gaiters when the traffic in front of you is clearly the obstacle (and not actually you doing it). Slow drivers are a bigger danger to the general public in my opinion. It is possible to be both a fast drive and generally non-tailgative....i do it all the time. You just leave extra room but hit that accelerator hard when you want to pass and move on.

I am not above being vindictive when i feel like doing so is the "wake up" that another driver might be needing to prevent killing a persons wife, child etc. Does my need to feel "civil" supercede larger concerns of general public safety and proper etiquette and driver competence on their part? I would say no and if you say yes, you might want to check your priorities.

What really bothers me is the people who aren't paying attention and then get ANGRY at the wheel for being called out for their shitting driving. Those people need to be off the road.

If i am driving bad and someone toots a horn at me and i realize what i did i am going to be more like "oops i feel stupid..no worries for calling me out on that".

Second worse are the people who literally are such bad drivers they don't even realize what they did wrong (of which there are many of this type now days and the numbers seem to be growing).

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Slow drivers are a bigger danger to the general public in my opinion. It is possible to be both a fast drive and generally non-tailgative....i do it all the time. You just leave extra room but hit that accelerator hard when you want to pass and move on.
Preach it. I agree with this for highways and major roadways where the speed limit is 45 MPH or more. The majority of drivers attempt to go with the flow of traffic. It's easy to tell if you are impeding traffic - your first clue should be a constant stream of cars passing on your right. I encounter more Dudley Do-Rights in the left lane than Speed Racers and their refusal to move over for faster traffic is not only a nuisance but dangerous.

My horn gets a lot use too, the majority of the time the cause is some jackass diddling on a cell phone. For example, this guy.

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely do not condone cutting too close in front of other cars...save one exception...left lane squatters who I advocate doing it to regularly.

Actually GA has a "slow poke law" (another law that doesn't get enforced) and what I advocate for is that all these people get a ticket...but i digress....

The real reason I cut in front of them though is mostly to make sure they get a good view of my license tag bracket (and REMIND them of said law)....
inCollage_20181121_154412613.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Does anyone feel like their new Mustang is always close to getting hit? Like people just don't care?
It's not because you're driving a new Mustang, though that probably makes you more aware of the not-so-close calls.

I think it's a toss-up between people not caring and not paying enough attention to what's going on around them when they're driving.

Yesterday I saw somebody in some little econobox squeeze slant-wise through a gap between the rear of the vehicle in its lane and the front of some older van in the lane they were moving into that couldn't have been much more than 1.5 car lengths long.

Norm

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Preach it. I agree with this for highways and major roadways where the speed limit is 45 MPH or more. The majority of drivers attempt to go with the flow of traffic. It's easy to tell if you are impeding traffic - your first clue should be a constant stream of cars passing on your right. I encounter more Dudley Do-Rights in the left lane than Speed Racers and their refusal to move over for faster traffic is not only a nuisance but dangerous.

My horn gets a lot use too, the majority of the time the cause is some jackass diddling on a cell phone. For example, this guy.
Have to ask: Is that your Mustang? The exhaust sounds killer, what is it?

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Have to ask: Is that your Mustang? The exhaust sounds killer, what is it?
Yep, that is my car. Exhaust is a Corsa sport catback. I like it too! :thumbsup:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Since getting my S550 6 months ago, I've noticed that there are a LOT of S550's on the road... In general, I think people see my white S550 more than the purple Honda Fit I drove for the last 11 years, but they're not driving better. I think between seeing my car now and not thinking they can do whatever they want to the small slow car, I don't see as much deliberate poor driving around me. The outright stupid driving continues. Drive defensively and try to anticipate stupid...

Sponsored

Hudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2018 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
The Mustang is a small car. It also has a low profile roof line. It’s easier to be missed in a blind spot. My last 2 vehicles were F150 4X4 Supercrew Cabs. I noticed right away that people don’t always see me in the Mustang and they follow too close. It’s life driving a small car. I don’t think it’s envy driven. Most F150’s cost more. You simply have to be more careful when driving a smaller vehicle.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
The Mustang is a small car. It also has a low profile roof line. It’s easier to be missed in a blind spot. My last 2 vehicles were F150 4X4 Supercrew Cabs. I noticed right away that people don’t always see me in the Mustang and they follow too close. It’s life driving a small car. I don’t think it’s envy driven. Most F150’s cost more. You simply have to be more careful when driving a smaller vehicle.
You might not see me but with my muffler delete you damm sure are going to hear me.

Hudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2018 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
You might not see me but with my muffler delete you damm sure are going to hear me.
The problem is they can’t tell where the noise is coming from. Riding a Harley is the same phenomenon: Drivers lose you in their blind spots due to size. Loud pipes save lives - when they can identify where the sound is coming from.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The Mustang is a small car. It also has a low profile roof line.
With so many people driving SUVs these days, almost any true 'car' (which I'm going to define as being less than about 60" tall) qualifies as a small vehicle.

Norm
Sponsored