Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I still think Ford will update the 6.2 liter truck block by casting it in aluminum and put it in a Mustang. A 6.2 liter SOHC engine should fit better in a Mustang :hail:because it would be less wide than 5.0 DOHC engine.
Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Gut guess / all desire and no fact:

A TT 5.0 would be the easy way out for Ford, far as a GT500 class replacement goes.

I'm hoping they do that in the rumored upcoming Mach I car and blow everybody's mind with a killer 'new' engine when they get around to the GT500 class replacement.

All I know is that I'm budgeting for that car (provided Ford does something with that goofy a$$ rear end styling)

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
The next GT500 (Mach 1) will follow suit with the Ford GT and use the same Twin Turbo V6 with bigger turbos. Find this hard to believe? Well, would anyone have imagined Ford sticking a V6 inside their flagship Ford GT? Exactly! Ford is building something very similar to a Nissan GTR. You didn't hear this from me though. :ninja:

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
Ford wowed us with the 350GT/350GT-R's, so the next GT500, whatever powertrain configeration they go with, figures to be a supercar when you add in a projected 200+hp increase over the 5.2 FPC motors, plus the great chassis they proved they can build. :)

Sponsored

Newedge713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 ford mustang hatchback
The next GT500 (Mach 1) will follow suit with the Ford GT and use the same Twin Turbo V6 with bigger turbos. Find this hard to believe? Well, would anyone have imagined Ford sticking a V6 inside their flagship Ford GT? Exactly! Ford is building something very similar to a Nissan GTR. You didn't hear this from me though. :ninja:

MAO they are not putting a V6 in a MACH1 WTF wrong with you

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good article, thank you.

This was an interesting statement, considering he's talking about the V8.....

“Fortunately with direct injection we can do a stratified charge at cold-start and have better combustion stability.”

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
Good article, thank you.

This was an interesting statement, considering he's talking about the V8.....

“Fortunately with direct injection we can do a stratified charge at cold-start and have better combustion stability.”

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Dammit. Not DI. Dont add that unreliable, economy crap, Ford.
Hopefully they waited long enough to determine how to make it functional and more reliable. I agree it's not preferred. Just from an NVH standpoint, high pressure injectors are not the greatest.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
DI + PFI would be great. More power, better fuel economy and no worries about DI carbon build up. I remember the detailed article when the coyote first debuted that said it was built to get DI as well ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk