Sponsored

Ruby Red caliper paint

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I want to color match my calipers because I think its the only color that will look decent on RR. That being said, how do I go about getting a similar color? I know g2 will match but they even say that it won't look the same because its brush on and RR is a tri-coat. :shrug: can I use engine enamel or any other high temp paint? that broadens my selection quite a bit. Don't want to powder coat at this point because I can't have my car down more than one night
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
duplicolor metal cast looks like it would work but rated to "500 degrees intermittently" doesn't seem like thats enough, I drive pretty hard

Ruby15GT

Ruby15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I am doing the color matched Ruby red G2 paint soon. i bought the Preval Aerosol spray on Amazon and it is designed to spray metallics like RR onto calipers and look way better than brushing it on. I plan to do a write-up and post it. I won't be doing it until October due to schedule conflicts and needing time to have wheels off for a day or 2 as I plan to remove the calipers, clean them and spray.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
duplicolor metal cast looks like it would work but rated to "500 degrees intermittently" doesn't seem like thats enough, I drive pretty hard
I used this on my engine covers for stripes and it looks like red anodize, which is slightly brighter than RR, but pretty damn close. I'm considering it for my calipers as I use the brakes as little as possible.:p

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Keep in mind for the metal cast, it really needs 6 steps; brake cleaner, masking, primer, base coat (alum specks), color coat, and high temp clear coat. I did my calipers with decent results. Waiting to wash the car for some good pix. I catch peeps checking it out frequently...:)

Sponsored

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
At least on paper, that should be ok. The below image is from my racecar running race pads and after an event with two particularly hard braking zones.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Good to know...we'll see if it lasts on mine.

sideview.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: