2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had the spacer and bbk throttle body on with my airaid intake. It was a tight fit but it still went together. But I did remove the spacer as I felt it was hurting performance with the new throttle body.

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
I had the spacer and bbk throttle body on with my airaid intake. It was a tight fit but it still went together. But I did remove the spacer as I felt it was hurting performance with the new throttle body.
Going to break out my Dremmel tool and carefully smooth metal grind/bore each groove on the TB spacer, making sure to not compromise the design/angle of each groove. I will take pictures and create a thread for those like us-whom own a 73mm BBK throttle body.

Also just ordered a JLT catch can from AM. is it working good for you?

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes the catch can does its job very well and I just ended up selling my spacer on ebay instead of fooling around trying to open the bore up.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Personally I am not to thrilled with that design... To many tight bends and overall the intake plenum tube looks no bigger then the stock unit. I would be willing to bet that the stock unit with a K&N filter performs the same if not better then this CAI. The K&N filter is $50...

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Personally I am not to thrilled with that design... To many tight bends and overall the intake plenum tube looks no bigger then the stock unit. I would be willing to bet that the stock unit with a K&N filter performs the same if not better then this CAI. The K&N filter is $50...
Being that I already have the K&N panel filter and it provided no perceivable gains I willing to take that bet. None of these CAI are going to provide much over 10 whp anyway so mostly it is for the sound.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
A mustang with just a K&N filter is boring lol when I see one I expect it to at least have an aftermarket CAI. I would rather put the $50 that the filter cost towards a CAI that looks and performs better then the stock unit. But I do see what your saying about this unit. It is my least favorite of the 3 available at this time.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Got mine on order yesterday. We will see how long it takes to get. Will keep ya posted on how it goes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Installed the Roush CAI last night and I'm a little disappointed. First off the CAI looks great, is well engineered, installed easily, and sounds good. So why the disappointment? Now I don't now if this is faulty calibrated butt dyno, but it feels like I lost power in the low RPM. I had a K&N panel filter and I'm using the Unleashed Tuning 93 tune and the low end used to feel very eager and peppy. Now the low RPM feels like it did before the tune, a little bogged down. The mid range and high RPM feel fine and the sound is mostly what I bought this for but I really like the way it felt before. I'm going to see if Torrie has any more tuning magic to turn this frown upside down.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Installed the Roush CAI last night and I'm a little disappointed. First off the CAI looks great, is well engineered, installed easily, and sounds good. So why the disappointment? Now I don't now if this is faulty calibrated butt dyno, but it feels like I lost power in the low RPM. I had a K&N panel filter and I'm using the Unleashed Tuning 93 tune and the low end used to feel very eager and peppy. Now the low RPM feels like it did before the tune, a little bogged down. The mid range and high RPM feel fine and the sound is mostly what I bought this for but I really like the way it felt before. I'm going to see if Torrie has any more tuning magic to turn this frown upside down.
This setup and any like it are not really "CAI's", they are "Ram Air" intakes. They are still taking in warmer air, but much more of it then your K&N Panel filter. Your air / fuel ratio and some other things will most likely need to be logged and sent to the tuner to adjust accordingly.

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
My fear is that this shorter and less restrictive intake hurts low RPM power. In a prior car I had, the intake had butterflies before and after the filter to lengthen and add restriction at lower RPM and then open and shorten and remove restriction at higher RPM. The stock V6 Mustang intake doesn't have any of that wizardry but it does have some resonators that might be designed to help low end power. I have no doubt that this Roush intake adds the 10+whp at the higher RPM that it claims but I want the low RPM power back as that is where I drive at 99.99% of the time.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
My fear is that this shorter and less restrictive intake hurts low RPM power. In a prior car I had, the intake had butterflies before and after the filter to lengthen and add restriction at lower RPM and then open and shorten and remove restriction at higher RPM. The stock V6 Mustang intake doesn't have any of that wizardry but it does have some resonators that might be designed to help low end power. I have no doubt that this Roush intake adds the 10+whp at the higher RPM that it claims but I want the low RPM power back as that is where I drive at 99.99% of the time.
In my last car (07 daytona charger) I tried 9 of the most popular intakes offered to compare them over a year. All of them felt a tad sluggish "off the line" and low low end until more fuel was added in the tune to make up for the increased airflow. Once the tuner adjusts A/F I bet you will notice a difference in initial "jumpiness" when leaving from a dead stop.....but yea, these intakes are designed to add better breathing at WOT, where the little gains they offer can be found

Showcar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.showcardetail.net
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I have one on mine and like it. The exhaust sounds louder and the intake noise is great!
Sponsored