Roush love!!

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I guess Iam a little spoiled living in Roush's backyard. I toured their shop courtesy of Kyle and if I go the Roush supercharger route then they will be putting it on and doing the calibration at their shop with mechanics that install these daily. :thumbsup:

I agree though that doing your homework on finding a reputable Roush/Ford dealer to do the work is the best way to go.
Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
I guess Iam a little spoiled living in Roush's backyard. I toured their shop courtesy of Kyle and if I go the Roush supercharger route then they will be putting it on and doing the calibration at their shop with mechanics that install these daily. :thumbsup:

I agree though that doing your homework on finding a reputable Roush/Ford dealer to do the work is the best way to go.
F U dude!! lol seriously tho, that is awsummmmm

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The guys @ Elder Ford were very up front about the $1000 warranty. In fact, they printed out & handed me a copy when I 1st stopped by to talk about what I was interested in doing & told me to read it over carefully @ home.

Between the time I ordered my car & it was delivered, they changed their policy & will not do the install unless you are willing to buy the warranty. Makes sense to me as it should eliminate (or limit) the finger pointing if something goes wrong. I intended to buy it from the get-go, so I had no problem with them tacking it on to the build quote.
Out of curiosity, what did the dealer charge for the install?

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
MikeD1, would love to see some pics of your car......love Guards

Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
How much did u guys put down to the RW? I put down 540 at Alternative (dynojet) kind of disappointed especially forking over that kind of money to roush. I was thinking atleast 590-600 but what do I know. If they don't warrant the upgrades that will be very disappointing.

I will say those numbers seem right on par for the 627hp cal that was first released with the kit, was all of the work including the upgrade to 670 done by Lidio or was it done at a dealership ?

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I like mine. Was never concerned with the warranty. I'm also waiting for phase 2 which should be here soon and will likely stop there for now as ~725hp sounds okay for now. If I want to really get serious I'll contact someone like Livernois for a built shortblock and tuning. The Roush is simply a kit so you get different levels of generic power.

roushed50

Threads
Reaction score
the stage 1 kit which is 670 at the motor is actually 700 and at 727 is actually 750 very underrated power calling it the Hellcat killer lol I'll be getting my stage 3 very soon

2015R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350R
How much did u guys put down to the RW? I put down 540 at Alternative (dynojet) kind of disappointed especially forking over that kind of money to roush. I was thinking atleast 590-600 but what do I know. If they don't warrant the upgrades that will be very disappointing.
I had the Phase 2 Roush, VMP 92 octane tune and one size smaller pulley, GT500 axle backs on my '14 base car with Track Pack. Made 612 at rear wheels, enough to be a bit scary in first and second gears.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Is phase 2 even available? I was aware of a beta car (Brenspeed) in December that had it.

2015R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350R
It was in September 2014. I sold the car not long after after a 140 mph highway duel with an Evo and realized that was an irresponsible -- no, make that a retarded -- act for a 70-year-old man.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I had the Phase 2 Roush, VMP 92 octane tune and one size smaller pulley, GT500 axle backs on my '15 base car with Track Pack. Made 612 at rear wheels, enough to be a bit scary in first and second gears.
Yeah,........a VMP tune with the Roushcharger really wakes the car up. A member at a different Mustang forum has '13 GT with a Roushcharger Phase1 and VMP 93 octane tune and he says it's a whole new animal.

Is phase 2 even available? I was aware of a beta car (Brenspeed) in December that had it.
Phase 2 will be out shortly. I am pretty sure it will be 50 state legal. Roush usually has all their products 50 state complaint.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm extremely happy with my Roush (trimming and all because who would ever really go back to stock,,lol) My only complaint with Roush, but I do understand their position of being 50 state legal, is I'd like a more personal custom tune. Im on the 675 but will probly look this spring for alternative tunes from VMP or Lund ext... I have no extended warranty, nor do I expect one from ford or Roush, The only thing I wanted taken out was the RPM fuel shut off!!!! I had a 93 tune on the car before going SC'ed without the rev limit and the car really liked to get up around 7400/7600 rpm!! Nothing like falling on your face when this thing hits 7200rpm!! If anyone has any experience with other tunes I'd really appreciate who you went with and if it's working out for you. Thanks
Read some of the above post,,,,, looks like VMP is the way to go!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: