Sponsored

Roush CAI Heat Shield

dorrellkc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Boosted Bitch CO Ecoboost
I have the Roush CAI on my EB. We took off the surrounding heat shield and fabbed a bracket to hold the intake in place connecting to the bolt that the cold air piping goes for the intercooler. I did notice about a 5-8 degree increase in temp readings BUT I did feel what I felt was an increase in power. My question is with just a little higher temp reading am I causing any other problems by removing the heat shield?
20160613_074812_resized.jpg
Sponsored

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
are you tuned or stock tune? If tuned I would send logs to my tuner... not sure the design of the roush cai is meant to be modified like this...

OP
OP

dorrellkc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Boosted Bitch CO Ecoboost
It is HP tuned. I will datalog and see if anything is funny. No matter what with an open system like Roush the intake is susceptible to whatever heat is under the engine since the hood does not seal the cone in when the hood is closed.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
It is HP tuned. I will datalog and see if anything is funny. No matter what with an open system like Roush the intake is susceptible to whatever heat is under the engine since the hood does not seal the cone in when the hood is closed.
Why would you take off the air box that it sits in???? That isn't just a heat shield, it's where the air comes in and forces it into the Cai, not to mention it seals against the hood...... No offense, I don't think this is a great idea with what you have.

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
HP tuned as in tuned with the HP Tuners software? If so, Who tuned your vehicle? I was told that the HP Tuners platform was missing multiple tables for our cars.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
And it may not seal all the way, but it seals more than an open filter.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yeah, put the thing back on. I was actually thinking of fabing some shield/duct for my MAP intake.
Sponsored