Sponsored

Roush Active Exhaust - Experience so far?

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
The title says it all. Considering spending the cash for the Roush quad-tipped active exhaust system. Worth it or not worth it? Loudness? Thx.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The title says it all. Considering spending the cash for the Roush quad-tipped active exhaust system. Worth it or not worth it? Loudness? Thx.
Honestly,....if you're going to keep it loud all the time, like I am, why spend the money on it? Isn't that system well over 1,500 bucks? It would be great/useful if you need to "tone it down" a bit because of condo/townhouse living, but other than that,...meh. :shrug:
Good luck!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
if you get headers I would consider it worth it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I will be getting this. I have the valance and exhaust in my garage right now waiting for my new car. I will be putting my Kooks headers & cats on and want the ability to tone it down when I want and to let her rip when I want.

Pricey? Yes, but to me its a feature I will enjoy quite a bit. I am gonna look for a black friday or cyber Monday deal over the winter.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'm doing chambered mufflers, full 3" back from the headers. I will be doing electronic cut outs before the mufflers. Should be as loud or louder than the roush active and as quite. Plus over a grand cheaper.

Sponsored

rs2.royc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Roush Stage 2
If you have the headers + active exhaust + tune, would it be okay changing the flow of the exhaust? If the car is tuned a certain way, would opening and closing have it run weird?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
:gossip:
If you have the headers + active exhaust + tune, would it be okay to constantly change the flow of the exhaust? If the car is tuned a certain way, would opening and closing have it run weird?
Not really car is in closed loop even at wide open throttle so can make accurate fueling corrections if a/f is off at all.

WojoRCPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, PP, Roush Charged
The Roush quad tip (with out the active exhaust) and it sounds awesome on a stock exhaust system. It made the car have a different personality. It was perfect. I had the Kooks 1 7/8 headers and green cats put on. The Roush quad tip sounded totally different after that, even with the resonators it is super loud. I was like holy crap when I heard it on the dyno. I will post the clip when I figure out how to. I would recommended you do not delete your resonators till you hear the exhaust first. I am glad I didn't or I would be putting them back on. Sometimes I feel bad for the cars I am passing, but other times I feel good especially if they have been annoying me.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The Roush quad tip (with out the active exhaust) and it sounds awesome on a stock exhaust system. It made the car have a different personality. It was perfect. I had the Kooks 1 7/8 headers and green cats put on. The Roush quad tip sounded totally different after that, even with the resonators it is super loud. I was like holy crap when I heard it on the dyno. I will post the clip when I figure out how to. I would recommended you do not delete your resonators till you hear the exhaust first. I am glad I didn't or I would be putting them back on. Sometimes I feel bad for the cars I am passing, but other times I feel good especially if they have been annoying me.
Are you running with both tips open on each muffler? I will have kooks long tubes with green cats and I will buy the adaptive kit to drop into touring mode. I plan on using the Borla mid muffler but I also have a Borla X pipe coming to swap in to try. Also, I'm wondering if having an automatic will make it able to be quieter??

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is with both exhaust ports open.
[ame]

Sponsored

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
It is awesome.
If you have the window cracked and want full grunt just open the baffle.
If you have a chick in the car and want to talk in a civil manner just turn to silent mode.
Is it worth the money? Depends on whats important to you and of course how much you have that is expendable!

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Its a good sounding system for sure, a bit expensive especially if you dont feel the need to adjust the volume on a regular basis. Good for those who road race and the track has DB restrictions. Give us a shout if you have any questions at all!
Sponsored