Roush AB vs Borla Touring AB

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
How different are these two ABs? I will be purchasing my car on Feb 16 and my original plan was to get the Roush AB w/ H-pipe, but the car I will be getting already has Borla Touring AB on it.

Is it worth trying to sell the Borla (only ~2000 miles on it) and get what I originally wanted or are the two similar enough to not tell a difference?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
How different are these two ABs? I will be purchasing my car on Feb 16 and my original plan was to get the Roush AB w/ H-pipe, but the car I will be getting already has Borla Touring AB on it.

Is it worth trying to sell the Borla (only ~2000 miles on it) and get what I originally wanted or are the two similar enough to not tell a difference?
In my opinion they're pretty different from one another. The Borla touring is a deeper and a way less aggressive sounding setup. The Roush will be louder, more aggressive and give that new school tinny sound.

There's plenty of videos on Youtube of the Borla system.

Here's how the Roush sounds with our H pipe resonator delete.
[ame]

Let us know if you have any other questions. We have the Roush axlebacks in stock and ready to ship the same day you order.

Thanks, Jared

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Is there an actual Borla Touring axleback?

I ask this, because when it comes to the catback systems, the touring catback uses the S Type Muffler and pairs it with a resonator instead of an xpipe.

I know the FRPP Borla systems are different though. Each one of their catbacks use an x pipe.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Is there an actual Borla Touring axleback?

I ask this, because when it comes to the catback systems, the touring catback uses the S Type Muffler and pairs it with a resonator instead of an xpipe.

I know the FRPP Borla systems are different though. Each one of their catbacks use an x pipe.
No touring axlebacks. Only S Type and ATAK's.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I have Borla s type with H pipe and love the sound. If I were you I would buy a H pipe and see if you like that first. If not just sell the Borla and get the Roush.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/154926128[/ame]
[ame]https://vimeo.com/154926195[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sound is such a tough decision, you really just have to decide what sound you really want.

if we can help at all let me know

beef
513-478-1965

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42262

Here is the post for the car I will be buying. [MENTION=17248]Qtrhorse[/MENTION] says the car has Borla Touring Axel Back
There is no touring axle back muffler. There is only the s-type and atak mufflers. The touring part is the resonator that's in between the the mufflers and the cats. Maybe ask him if this is a cat back touring system or axle back system.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
There is no touring axle back muffler. There is only the s-type and atak mufflers. The touring part is the resonator that's in between the the mufflers and the cats. Maybe ask him if this is a cat back touring system or axle back system.
If he insists it's a touring axle back, then he's probably got the Ford Racing by Borla Touring axle back.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-mustang-touring-muffler-p-3036.html

Still made by borla, but the ford racing borla mufflers are different from the normal borla mufflers.

As far as answering the OPs original question: I'd say they're pretty different in terms of volume. All axle back systems are going to be relatively quiet if you keep the stock resonator. The touring systems that borla makes are usually slightly louder than stock, but not overly so. Whereas the roush axleback is probably the loudest axleback you can buy.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
If he insists it's a touring axle back, then he's probably got the Ford Racing by Borla Touring axle back.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-mustang-touring-muffler-p-3036.html

Still made by borla, but the ford racing borla mufflers are different from the normal borla mufflers.

As far as answering the OPs original question: I'd say they're pretty different in terms of volume. All axle back systems are going to be relatively quiet if you keep the stock resonator. The touring systems that borla makes are usually slightly louder than stock, but not overly so. Whereas the roush axleback is probably the loudest axleback you can buy.
The receipt from American Muscle states "Ford Racing by Borla Touring axle back exhaust".

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I had Roush Axlebacks and for comparison, they are even louder than a borla touring catback system, by alot! Borla catback system is a little louder than the borla touring axlebacks! Roush axlebacks are pretty loud for an axleback! You couple that with an H or X pipe with no resonator, then u will be competing with Borla Atak and Corsa Extreme Catbacks for loudness rating.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As far as answering the OPs original question: I'd say they're pretty different in terms of volume. All axle back systems are going to be relatively quiet if you keep the stock resonator. The touring systems that borla makes are usually slightly louder than stock, but not overly so. Whereas the roush axleback is probably the loudest axleback you can buy.[/QUOTE]

I do see this now. That's odd that Borla made 4 different types of mufflers for this car. I guess it works lots of different sounds. Sorry for the miss leading information about the exhaust. I would think the Borla touring with the stock resonator will be very close to stock. :cheers:

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Of what I've heard and read the Roush axle backs can be very raspy at WOT. The borla Axlebacks would be still loud but probably hold a deeper note. I went the SLP Loudmouth 2 axle backs as they are owned by Roush but are a toned down version that also have a deeper more subtle note.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I have the Borla Touring catback (not the FRPP by Borla, just regular Borla) now and also had the stock resonator with S-Type mufflers (S-Type Catback). I haven't been in a car with the Roush axlebacks, but I have heard them in person and they are much louder than my setup. The Borla Touring and S-Type axleback are deep and don't have a lot of rasp. Volume is louder than stock, but not by a huge margin. Roush axlebacks that I've heard a without a doubt louder than the Borlas. Much more volume and a little more rasp too.

Last edited:

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Borla Touring catback (not the FRPP by Borla, just regular Borla) now and also had the stock resonator with S-Type mufflers (S-Type Catback). I haven't been in a car with the Roush axlebacks, but I have heard them in person and they are much louder than my setup. The Borla Touring and S-Type catback are deep and don't have a lot of rasp. Volume is louder than stock, but not by a huge margin. Roush axlebacks that I've heard a without a doubt louder than the Borlas. Much more volume and a little more rasp too.
You should try a H pipe with your setup. It's a world of difference without the stock resonator!
Sponsored