Sponsored

Rock Chips Anyone?

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wondering the same. Anyone ever remove it from their car?
It will not pull up the stripes. The film is heated and removes cleanly. I've seen it pulled off of a Gallardo Balboni edition with vinyl stripes and there was no damage.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It will not pull up the stripes. The film is heated and removes cleanly. I've seen it pulled off of a Gallardo Balboni edition with vinyl stripes and there was no damage.
Good to know. Guess that means it won't affect or discolor the paint either. Thanks.

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Good to know. Guess that means it won't affect or discolor the paint either. Thanks.
It is specifically designed not to change the properties of the paint. So, if your car sun fades, it will sun fade evenly.

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I had XPel and Ceramic Pro done by 5 Point Auto Detail in San Diego. They did an awesome job.

http://5pointdetail.com/
Adam (from 5 point) is an AWESOME detailer also. My only caution is that Ceramic Pro leaves your paint with a yellowish tinge to it. Gives great protection, but I've seen it on at least a dozen cars where they come out looking a bit yellowed.

Sponsored

_Laz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, Tech
Adam (from 5 point) is an AWESOME detailer also. My only caution is that Ceramic Pro leaves your paint with a yellowish tinge to it. Gives great protection, but I've seen it on at least a dozen cars where they come out looking a bit yellowed.
Agreed, Adam is awesome, his whole team does outstanding work. I've had no problem with yellowing that I can see, but I've got Magnetic paint so it would be hard to tell. I had XPel done on the entire front end, full hood, and mirrors and then Ceramic Pro over the XPel and the rest of the car.

GT350-3.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Maybe one of you guys can do a video when it gets installed? Would love to see that!

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Adam (from 5 point) is an AWESOME detailer also. My only caution is that Ceramic Pro leaves your paint with a yellowish tinge to it. Gives great protection, but I've seen it on at least a dozen cars where they come out looking a bit yellowed.[/QUOT

I do this every day for a living some do look yellow if you worried about the shade then get it done in SUNTEK film it's a better looking film it doesn't look or turns yellow guaranteed and you don't see stretch marks it looks like glass my 350 is completely done in it.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
Adam (from 5 point) is an AWESOME detailer also. My only caution is that Ceramic Pro leaves your paint with a yellowish tinge to it. Gives great protection, but I've seen it on at least a dozen cars where they come out looking a bit yellowed.[/QUOT

I do this every day for a living some do look yellow if you worried about the shade then get it done in SUNTEK film it's a better looking film it doesn't look or turns yellow guaranteed and you don't see stretch marks it looks like glass my 350 is completely done in it.
A good installer can remove it and not damage the stripes.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Talked to my dealer today. They don't have a problem with handling the rock chips and will setup the appointment with their usual shop to have the clear bra installed. I was quoted 1500 to 3M the front half of the car and rocker panels when I called. I am going to have my dealer set it up since they probably get a discount for regular use.

Just an FYI for those inquiring about prices etc.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Talked to my dealer today. They don't have a problem with handling the rock chips and will setup the appointment with their usual shop to have the clear bra installed. I was quoted 1500 to 3M the front half of the car and rocker panels when I called. I am going to have my dealer set it up since they probably get a discount for regular use.

Not a bad price for California. It's a lot cheaper if you live in fly-over territory. :)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

It sounds like the dealer is taking care of it as a post-sales thing and not as a warranty thing that will go to Ford. Correct?

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
Paint on the fusion I had was terrible too. Bubbled from underneath. Fixed by Ford well outside of warranty with zero pushback. Fortunately the Raptor has held up very well.

I suspect we will all be getting repaints of the hood by Ford if we want, until then I'm just going to Dr. Colorchip it
Funny you say that my mustang did the same thing and ford wouldn't do anything about it and later i see a recall on the paint aluminum body panels the paint doesn't stick properly and to this day paint is still lifting from underneath the hood out to the front of car had to sand paint it and did PPF film to protect it

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I haven't seen anything on the front yet, but I did see a couple on the quarter panel just in front of the rear tire.

Since the fender flares out a bit....probably going to be like my Z06 and collect a bunch of chips there.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It sounds like the dealer is taking care of it as a post-sales thing and not as a warranty thing that will go to Ford. Correct?
Yeah, it is not a warranty thing. Just them taking care of it.
Sponsored