Sponsored

RLCA bearings

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So, if I installed the steeda rlca bearings, and wanted to go back to stock, do you have to buy the entire lower control arm? Can’t seem to find anywhere the ability to buy the stock rubber bearings.
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
TASCA or maybe used on car-parts.com

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The easiest answer would be to install a polyurethane bushing.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The easiest answer would be to install a polyurethane bushing.
Yeah seems that way. The only ones I’ve found are the superpro ones. Anyone heard of any others?

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Yeah seems that way. The only ones I’ve found are the superpro ones. Anyone heard of any others?
Energy Suspension makes a version as well, although I've never actually seen one. I run the SuperPro bushing & have no complaints about ride, harshness or noise.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Cool, that’s good to know. That’ll be the road I take then

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Why do you want to change back?
Even though almost everybody including the manufacture claims no increase in NVH with spherical bearing rlca, there definitely is an increase in NVH. And since installing them, I’ve developed a rattle in the right rear that doesn’t go away. I’ve replaced everything in the back now and retorqued everything twice but it’s still there. The only thing I haven’t replaced is the rlca spherical bearings. I’ve had similar experiences with spherical bearings before and I really don’t want to go down that road anymore. Just want to fit something that will last without having to worry about it. I was hoping that these would have lasted longer before giving me hassle, but obviously that’s not the case.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Even though almost everybody including the manufacture claims no increase in NVH with spherical bearing rlca, there definitely is an increase in NVH. And since installing them, I’ve developed a rattle in the right rear that doesn’t go away. I’ve replaced everything in the back now and retorqued everything twice but it’s still there. The only thing I haven’t replaced is the rlca spherical bearings. I’ve had similar experiences with spherical bearings before and I really don’t want to go down that road anymore. Just want to fit something that will last without having to worry about it. I was hoping that these would have lasted longer before giving me hassle, but obviously that’s not the case.
have you checked your shock? Not the bolts but the shock itself?

i picked up an annoying clunk after some suspension parts went in, including the LRCA and it tracked back to a bad shock.

an easy test is unbolting your shocks (which are about the easiest suspension part to get at on the rear of the car) and switching them left/right. If the sound follows the shock you know its in that assembly.
Sponsored