Sponsored

RIP..

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I was told by my sales guy, so take it with a grain of salt, that in a crash like this the engine is designed to drop out of the engine bay to prevent it from being pushed into the driver dash.
In a front wheel drive car, the engine/transaxle are designed to go underneath the firewall and floorpan if you're hit head on...not sure how a modern front engine/rwd car deals with the same situation. I'd love to see pictures of the aftermath of Ford's full frontal crash test in the Mustang :thumbsup:
Sponsored

94and15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GTPP / 94 GT
In a front wheel drive car, the engine/transaxle are designed to go underneath the firewall and floorpan if you're hit head on...not sure how a modern front engine/rwd car deals with the same situation. I'd love to see pictures of the aftermath of Ford's full frontal crash test in the Mustang :thumbsup:
I know from seeing a few F150s that were involved in head-on collisions, that the truck's engine and trans are designed to drop under the vehicle. The one, which was involved in a head on at 50 mph the engine was wedged under the truck and the ground. I would think that the cars would do the same, no matter the driveline.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Sho...-Newer+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=9555 - the frontal impact looks to dissipate energy into the ground and not straight back.

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
OP
OP
Oakley_5OH

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue

:lol::lol:
Hahaha I tried to buy the car back instead of them selling it to some junkyard or salvage place but they wouldn't let me. My dad builds older cars and trucks for a living and would have used everything except the body but they wouldn't allow it because I still owed on it. Trust me I've had people ask for the interior, rear, rims, brembo brakes, etc etc. I have the car until Friday to take any salvageable aftermarket stuff I have on the car. And it's getting taken away

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Sending healing thoughts your way. Sorry this happened.

Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Sorry to hear about your injuries, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. Heal up quick.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Scary! Life is precious, cars are replaceable. Wish you a speedy recovery!

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Sorry you are having to go through something like this. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sponsored

archaica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP
Holy shit that looks horrendous. Good luck to you sir I hope that your recovery is relatively free of pain and you are back on the road as soon as possible.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hahaha I tried to buy the car back instead of them selling it to some junkyard or salvage place but they wouldn't let me. My dad builds older cars and trucks for a living and would have used everything except the body but they wouldn't allow it because I still owed on it. Trust me I've had people ask for the interior, rear, rims, brembo brakes, etc etc. I have the car until Friday to take any salvageable aftermarket stuff I have on the car. And it's getting taken away

Good luck with the recovery. I know it won't be easy. If I were a hair closer, I'd come up and help you with the salvaging.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Wow, glad to see you're OK. Can't believe how that strut brace is bent. This is a big reason I drive a Mustang, there are a lot of idiots in the Philly area. I hope the guy has insurance because half the people around here don't :(

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Glad you are ok and hope you have a speedy recovery.

So will you be buying another Mustang?
Sponsored