Sponsored

Right rear tail light out.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Assuming it is burnt out because it doesn't light up for blinkers or brakes. My question is - how the heck do you replace the bulb(s)? Also, are there multiple bulbs being that they are sequential? Owners manual isn't much help, and doesn't even offer what fuse controls them.
Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
It’s all led all circuits nothing to change other than the whole assembly.

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
It’s all led all circuits nothing to change other than the whole assembly.
Dayum...i just read that in another thread that search brought up. That's ridiculous. Good thing is, after pulling a bunch of fuses to see if anything was blown, they started working again out of the blue. Wondering if my dead battery had anything to do with it? Bad thing is, my 3/30 ran out march 30th.

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Dayum...i just read that in another thread that search brought up. That's ridiculous. Good thing is, after pulling a bunch of fuses to see if anything was blown, they started working again out of the blue. Wondering if my dead battery had anything to do with it? Bad thing is, my 3/30 ran out march 30th.
Yeah man, my car has had the same issue over the last few months (the middle bar on the drivers side tail light doesn't illuminate for braking or turn signals), but it is very intermittent. Recently, it has actually been fine. I have read that batteries that are on their way out can cause things like this to happen, so I would not be surprised if that is what did it. I have noticed that my battery likes to sit well under 12V when the car is off, so that is likely the culprit for me as well. If it comes back again I will probably just replace the battery and see if that gets rid of it.

Also, I read somewhere that people had success just unplugging the tail light for a couple minutes and plugging it back in. Probably performs some sort of reset on the control module. Something else to try if it comes back.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
As for the low battery I have seen plenty of cars and with cheap led lights and when the voltage is low they flicker like crazy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I am going to put a new battery in it. Hopefully that is what is causing the problem.

Acer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Mustang
I stored mine this winter and when i went to start it up the battery was completely dead. I jumped the car to get it started and took it home and parked it. I drove it to work the next day and was told by a guy that followed me in that my tail light was out. When the car was on the tail light did not work, when it was off it worked fine. I charged the battery and the problem was solved. Everything works fine now, when i put the charger on the battery it read at less than 75% charge. Hope this helps

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man, my car has had the same issue over the last few months (the middle bar on the drivers side tail light doesn't illuminate for braking or turn signals), but it is very intermittent.
Mine does the same intermittently. I brought it in under warranty but since it's so intermittent I could never replicate it for the dealer. They found and applied a BCM update that maybe has reduced the frequency of it. But it does seem to be a computer issue. It usually fixes itself if the car is off for more than maybe 5 minutes, which I would guess is long enough for the electronics to shut down and reboot.

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I just bought a new Interstate battery along with a battery tender jr. I figure it has to have had something to do with the cooked battery that was in it....i hope.
Sponsored