Sponsored

Richard Hammond in S550 Mustang GT

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Why does the Euro version have less HP?

I'm super happy to see Hamster driving the GT.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why does the Euro version have less HP?
Don't know. Probably Europe couldn't handle the US HP.

Seriously, could be some emission stuff or more likely just different methods for measuring and no difference at all.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
'I'M GOING TO THE BLOODY PUB!!' :lol:

In all fairness, it is a little ridiculous when American cars try to be something they're not. But to me the S550 doesn't quite go that far. The Probe - now THERE's an example of when this sort of thinking goes spectacularly wrong.
Funny enough, the Probe was meant to be the Mustang. After furious letters were written, Ford made a side project out of it.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Don't know. Probably Europe couldn't handle the US HP.

Seriously, could be some emission stuff or more likely just different methods for measuring and no difference at all.
Slight change to headers for RHT meant a small drop of 5 hp, the rest as above.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
The Probe GT was one of the best looking Fords out of the 90s! The Mazda MX6 had nothing on the Probe being they were the same car literally...
I think the MX-6 was a beautiful car. The Probe was a better driver's car, though.

The only thing disappointing about this is that 4.8 second 0-60 time. I would assume Hammond could do better than your average Joe when it comes to the 0-60 time.

And please, no one mention the fact that the Euro version has a little less horsepower than the NA version. It's not enough to drop this engine to a 4.8 performance. Odd.
It's 0-62 (aka 0-100km/h), so take a tick or two off that 4.8 time. Still not great, but we don't know the conditions at the time of the run.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I haven't had cable TV (just internet, which already costs $60/mo.) for 3-years. I have missed a few shows here and there, but I don't miss the 70% commercials at all. In fact, my spending has gone down since not having TV... well, on things that they advertise. And I've done other things with my time, like spend money on my hobbies... aaah crap!

stctippr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
The former top gear trio don't actually dislike american cars. The have a lot of running jokes. They act like British cars are the best machines on planet earth and like to give shit to American cars. Every once in a while when one of them is gushing about the newest Jag, one of the other hosts will be quick to jump in and tell the viewers that they had better be prepared to buy two since one or the other will be int he shop. But Hammond owns a GT350 and Clarkson, at least at one point, had a Ford GT. It's just part of a running gag. They obviously don't take themselves too seriously.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Let's be fair -- the "cheap interior" bit is still true on base Mustangs.

Ask me how I know. . .
It's so much better than it was. You want to see cheap? Look at Hondas. It's like they are trading places slowly. My wife's new CRV has a very cheap interior.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
It's so much better than it was. You want to see cheap? Look at Hondas. It's like they are trading places slowly. My wife's new CRV has a very cheap interior.
It's better than it was, sure, but -- and I can't help but make this comparison -- the interior on my MY2015 Mazda 6, which cost $10k less than my Mustang, is MUCH better. I mean, MUCH better.

Sponsored

thatdude989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Mazda build quality: Better.
Mustang fun-to-drive factor: WAY better.

I look at the Mazda and think, huh, that's a sharp-looking sedan.

I look at the Mustang and think, "unf."

Should have kept your Mazda then and do whenever people do to them and make it faster and Mazda not the great by the way had 2 of them

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Oh, is that it? I should just accept the buzzes and rattles in the Mustang, or I should "do whatever people do" to the Mazda?

Either you're trolling hard or you're pretty myopic. Ford's build quality/QC is simply not where it should be with the S550.

That doesn't mean I hate my Mustang, it just means that I want it to not be buzzy and a bit embarrassing.

Besides, since my wife has decided that the Mazda is hers, she'd probably get irritated if I turbocharged it or did "whatever people do" to them.

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Should have kept your Mazda then and do whenever people do to them and make it faster and Mazda not the great by the way had 2 of them
Guess it depends on which models you had.

I had a '90 and '02 Miata. Had a great 10 plus years with them. Inexpensive, never broke, mod's galore and, if you had the cash, you could get +300 hp out of 1600cc. Same group of people as the Mustang folks that spend REdick-u-lus amounts of money on mods. Absolute WORST mileage I ever got was 19mpg at Willow Springs Raceway, with the air conditioner on (ooops)

Downside, two folks, rough ride and a small trunk, but at least they did come with a spare tire :clap2:

I've had Fords since my first '67 Mustang convertible in '69. I've had my '68 for 19 years and Explorers and a Flex for 24 years.

PS... My trunk lid doesn't fit right. The lid has dug a line into the plastic bumper cover. Hopefully the dealer can fix it.
Sponsored