Sponsored

Revving the engine (unrequested)- Douche move???

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What about people on the highway that egg you on? It has happened way more in this car than in any of my other sports car I have owned. It's like the GT350 is a rev magnet for some others. I do rev when appropriate.
The kids that do the "trucker horn" sign to semis grew up to be the guys that egg you on to rev your Gt350
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I don't do it if someone compliments or gives a thumbs up. If they ask to hear it, and the conditions are right(no cops) I might do it.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I rev mine or wind out the gears hard when I'm in a good echo spot. I rev it some at red lights if there's not any other cars or not many, and especially if the light is a good echo spot. I don't rev if someone compliments it unless they ask. A girl working McD's drive thru told me how much she loved it, and as I was about to pull out I heard her say to someone else "ooh I wanna HEAR it!" so I gave it a good rev as I pulled away (brick is good echo!) and heard her say "oh my gawwwwd!"..LOL

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I haven't been asked yet to rev the car but I have revved it a couple times while stopped at lights when someone next to me compliments the car. Most of the revving I do is for my own enjoyment, especially whilst going under overpasses. The engine sound is what sold me on this car, and I try to enjoy it as much as I can.

I also like to think that the exhaust in sport mode annoys other aggressive commuters (senseless risk taking while driving to work) or clearly absent-minded drivers (let me just drive in dusk/dawn with no lights on, especially while it's raining) when I'm just normally driving my work commute. Though sometimes I think this car has made me a bit of an asshole...

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I had a guy try to yell at me because he thought I was going "way too fast" through a neighborhood. I was going 20, less than the typical speed limit. He refused to believe me and cussed me out in front of his kid. Classy dude.

Really just seems like anyone who doesn't appreciate a car will think you're douche if you rev. They will also likely think you're a douche just for having a nicer car. People are douches.
Reminds me of this :lol:

[ame]

To answer the OP's question, like others have said, it's not douchey but definitely should be aware of your surroundings. I throw a few small revs at traffic lights all the time, not to mention I also rev match when I slow down.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I dont rev without a reason, but I do blip/downshift every time. Im sure non-car folks think I am a d-bag, but that I am ok with.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
2 douche

I had a CTSV pull next to me yesterday and slow way down on the freeway. He put it in neutral and started to rev the piss out of it then took off.

To me it's just really weird. It's my belief that guys who do this have doubts about their masculinity.

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I rev when people ask me to. People love to hear this car and it is a sound that should be heard and enjoyed but I don't do it unless someone asks. As for the haters, they need to keep their opinions to them selves. I do whatever I want

Sponsored

GTRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
In that case not so much.

The dealer I got my GT from got my car, and a 17 GT 350 in at the same time, so of course the GT 350 was sitting in the show room. Tons of people stopped in to look at it but they have one regular who's ordered multiple higher end cars from them that was interested.

Super Douche the sales guy decides he can get a great commission if he grabs the keys, fires the car up and pegs it so the guy can hear it. Small room with glass all around and I'm sitting three feet from the exhaust.

That was a douche move, and deafening.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I've used it a few times when you're stuck behind someone on the freeway in the passing lane and they're going 5-10 under the speed limit. More fun than a honk or headlight flash. Probably d-bag move but nothing more annoying in my mind than driving slow on the left.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Who cares? He gave it a rev - relax it's a GT350, people like to rev the GT350.

On that note i had some lady honk at me once for doing 10 over in the left lane (I think it might of been the fact that I was still in 2nd gear and with resonators pulled she heard me approaching from a distance) - oh well.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
:lol:
Reminds me of this :lol:

To answer the OP's question, like others have said, it's not douchey but definitely should be aware of your surroundings. I throw a few small revs at traffic lights all the time, not to mention I also rev match when I slow down.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I think in a GT350 it's considered a community service to rev that baby
Haha! Agreed man how many flat plane crank V8's are roaming the street? I could count them on one hand.
Sponsored