Resonance in S550 Mustang GT

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
With the help of some other Mustang6g members, I discovered that the resonance I have been experiencing appears not to be related to the exhaust system. I have a Corsa exhaust on now, and I am having the same 2000 - 2500 RPM resonance as I did with the Ford Racing Touring Catback system. I also saw a post from another 6G member who said that he has experienced it with the OEM exhaust system. I capped off the sound tube and that helped, although it didn’t completely eliminate the problem. I thought I would share this to help other members who are experiencing this resonance and believe (as I did initially) that it’s coming from the exhaust system. I am still searching for the cause and will be looking at the power-train - with initial focus on the transmission mount (suggested by BmacIL).

I would add that Borla has provided incredible customer service in helping me work through this issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Any updates on the resonance issue from other members?

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
odd. i dont really notice anything resonance even with long tubes and corsa extremes. under load you know its there but 6th gear at 70mph sounds tad louder then stock

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks! I have the resonance between 2000 - 2500 RPMs. I have the PP with 3.73 gears as you probably do. I hear it running up or down through that range and at 70-75 MPH on the highway. It's not terrible, but you know it's there... BmacIL suggested checking the motor and transmission mounts to see if anything looks off there. I'm going to have the exhaust shop do that when they install my new exhaust on Wednesday.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
check the gears. i know for a bit ford had a issue with 3.73s and noise

Lowganlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also experiencing the same thing. Anyone else fix it ?
Sponsored