redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Hey this may be a long shot but, thought I would ask. Anyone out there that has pulled there intake manifold that could tell me if the gray plastic on the runners is removable ??? I like how on the voodoo the entire manifold is black. I'm going for that raw GT350 look in my engine bay and I got pretty close. I was thinking of just painting it but if the gray is just a removable plastic cover I would rather do that. And this is easier to confirm by someone with the manifold off already. Thanks!

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Hey this may be a long shot but, thought I would ask. Anyone out there that has pulled there intake manifold that could tell me if the gray plastic on the runners is removable ??? I like how on the voodoo the entire manifold is black. I'm going for that raw GT350 look in my engine bay and I got pretty close. I was thinking of just painting it but if the gray is just a removable plastic cover I would rather do that. And this is easier to confirm by someone with the manifold off already. Thanks!
I too have been wondering this, that gray stands out like a sore thumb.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I don't believe that it is removeable. I painted mine black while still on the car.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know get the flame suit on but dip them. I cant imagine since air runs through there that it gets that hot.

Mask it off good and give it a few coats of black. Then you can just peel it off it when you go to resell the car. $6-7 to do.

I dipped my coil covers black and they look just like the GT350 ones and even have some texture like the plastic has. $35 plus shipping saved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe that it is removeable. I painted mine black while still on the car.
Can you tell me more about that volt gauge on your fuse panel cover?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Acehole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various stages of crap
You could easily post up your stock intake for trade for a f150 intake on other mustang sites for people who are doing coyote swaps in foxes and stuff and buying f150 engines. It is the same intake only it is black and doesn't have the bosses drilled where the engine cover clips to it. Which you can easily drill out!

Sponsored

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Can you tell me more about that volt gauge on your fuse panel cover?
The volt gauge is wired directly to the positive wire inside of the fuse box cover. I have it wired to a switch on the backside but you could also wire it to a momentary switch so that it turned on anytime the hood was opened.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

I replaced my 15 stock manifold with a 14 stock manifold to get rid of the IMRC's.

When I did I painted it Ford Blue.

And then I dipped the engine cover black.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe

I just taped everything off and sprayed mine satin black. Not hard and looks great.

OP
OP
redline727

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
I replaced my 15 stock manifold with a 14 stock manifold to get rid of the IMRC's.

When I did I painted it Ford Blue.

And then I dipped the engine cover black.

Why did you want to delete the control valves? Need to for boost, or personal preference? I'm not completely familiar with their intended design on this motor. And my 13 was my first Mustang so no experience with them from the 4.6's either. I know how they work on BMW's but don't know if it's for the same purpose or not. On older BMW engines the valve simulates changing from a short runner to long runner type manifold and vice versa depending on valve position.
Sponsored