Sponsored

Replaced compressor and water pump (under warranty)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Just an FYI, my car started lugging under idle or acceleration from idle about a month ago (felt low on power at low RPM). About 2 weeks ago I started noticing noise coming from one of the pulleys that got louder over the course of a week. Took it to our local dealer and they could not isolate the sound, but did notice a small leak from the water pump pulley. Fast forward, I took the car in on Monday and not only did the water pump need to be replaced but also it was the air conditioner pulley that was the source of the noise so it needed to be replaced as well.

Good news is that, after the repair, the car was clean, and was back up to power in the launch. Since I have not modded, there was not concern with getting it fully covered under warranty.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting, now we know if this happens we know what it is!

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting, now we know if this happens we know what it is!
That was the goal! Did not see anyone else report something similar, so not sure if I just have bad luck!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That was the goal! Did not see anyone else report something similar, so not sure if I just have bad luck!
First time I've heard of this issue ... so seems like a bad luck case. Glad they fixed you up quickly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
First time I've heard of this issue ... so seems like a bad luck case. Glad they fixed you up quickly. :thumbsup:
That is what I was thinking. It was odd that both the water pump and the compressor pulleys were having problems. Having bad luck on one would be understandable, but both would be unlikely...

Sponsored

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
That is what I was thinking. It was odd that both the water pump and the compressor pulleys were having problems. Having bad luck on one would be understandable, but both would be unlikely...
I don't know, If one goes it might take the other one out. so might be more likely than you think, given that one experiences a problem at all.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If coolant got on the belt causing it to slip it could affect another pulley in theory.
Sponsored