Sponsored

Replace Pillar Tweeters or Install Into Door Panels?

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Will be re-doing the whole sound system of my lovely base GT. This includes adding an amplifier, subwoofer and front speakers. So my question is should I mount the tweeter in the door panels by using a hole saw, or just remove and replace the tweeters within the pillars?
Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Will be re-doing the whole sound system of my lovely base GT. This includes adding an amplifier, subwoofer and front speakers. So my question is should I mount the tweeter in the door panels by using a hole saw, or just remove and replace the tweeters within the pillars?
I debated this when upgrading my speakers. In the end, I found it easier to just put them back in the A-pillar. No need to re-route and hide wires. You will love the upgrade!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Depends upon how obsessed with car audio you are. I happen to use the same tweeters as ForTehNguyen only mine are mounted behind the factory grill.

In the future, I may move them to where a sail panel would be if our cars had one. There is a small triangular trim piece there that pops off and I've been thinking about fabbing up something in that location to hold a tweeter.

I notice that you're from VA... check out this thread on my other favorite site.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...018-va-md-wv-pa-etc-spring-meet-may-19th.html

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I reused the A pillar hole. (Slowly) dremeled the hole large enough to fit my Hertz tweeters into the factory hole. No reason to move it IMO, you'd have to run all new wire through to the door, etc.
Sponsored