Sponsored

Release the Kraken! or Let the re-modding begin that is lol...

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so since I was back and fourth on keeping the banana, I had been looking around and I decided to keep it a while longer, but there is no way in hells I am going to keep driving it stock, just ain't gunna do it, so here we go again lol. Before anyone says didn't you just part out, yes I parted out some of my stuffs lol, not all of it. So I figured this time I will use the extra time that has passed, and more stuff that came out and a little bit of my tax refund (which helps lol) and do some better upgrades so the orders flew out this week, and I am just now seeing the fruits of the labor of the IRS people who worked through the government shutdown, and my parts are starting to arrive. I made a few attempts in the market but was just not fast enough on some items so.. At this point no warranty left, the car is mine so I might as well play see how it goes, I am already at 64K so FULL PULL! lol.

• Rear Rotors and Calipers (I have a seized up rear caliper atm so figured id replace both sides.) Ceramic pads for front and rears
  • New MAP sensor for new IC (Old IAT/MAP broke on removal from old Mishimoto IC and we super glued it back together and put it back in the stock IC it may not survive another removal so ordered new one.)
  • New Boost solenoid Circuit cheater (Turbosmart Cel Eliminator with plug I have the original one that has to be spliced in, but I wanted it to be plug and play.)
  • Turbonetics/Precision drop in turbo
  • Front Ford Mustang PP 15" Rotors, Brembo 6 piston Calipers, braided brake lines (Bought all oem under $850)
  • Ford Mustang GT PP Master Cly, Booster (to prevent brake bias issues with new Brembos)
  • ETS full size intercooler
  • Pre-Filter for Airaid Race Cold Air Intake
  • Airaid Race Cold Air Intake
  • UPR Dual Catch Can
  • UPR Universal Quick Adapter
  • 3.5” Straight Coupler
  • Cobb Mustang Accessport (sold the first one, bought a new one, had it stolen before I could use it, this is my replacement since ins did not cover it.)
So over the next week I will be doing my brakes, the intake and BOV, IC etc, as the car goes in for paint in March so I can remove the bumper before its painted and not ruin a new paint job. Then will do the turbo, put my downpipe, exhaust, and catch can in and tune it up from there.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Low side fuel pressure sensor.

Also if you go with braided brake lines make sure to check them regually as they are prone to being damaged by the braiding, thats why even high end sports cars basically never have them..

Nice upgrades though!

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the correct low side fuel pressure sensor from the factory. Mine was a late build. I checked that a long time ago when everyone was up in arms about it lol...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
You are probably the only one with the upgraded sensor, lol!

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But how can 2018s have the old sensor and not your's? Headscratcher
No clue I did the tests back when it was report and I checked my part number and I had the latter. If you want know how, here is an example when I had to replace my pinion flange and using the correct part number it took a month to get the right part because the parts that were arriving in the correct marked box were for the AT not MT, I had to order the AT part number but my car is a stick to get the correct part..... So who knows.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Low side fuel pressure sensor.

Also if you go with braided brake lines make sure to check them regually as they are prone to being damaged by the braiding, thats why even high end sports cars basically never have them..

Nice upgrades though!
I'm unsure about the sensor. I think there was an idea or a coincidence that led to mass sales of sensors. But people are still doing window installations to their blocks with the new sensor as well. Anymore the order is exactly the same: 1 posts about blown motor, 2 get a asked about sensor 3 confirms switched to corrected sensor 4 mass confusion

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm unsure about the sensor. I think there was an idea or a coincidence that led to mass sales of sensors.
I see it as ONE reason for leaning out the engine and having a meeting with a piston you didnt want to see.

Not the only reason.

But yeah Ive seen blown engines where they have said that they had the updated sensor, but Ive also seen tests showing that they fail and lean out the engine.

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well on a plus note bird dog my AFR gauge because, turbo..... lol I frequently run a small handful of tests on a regular basis (once a month if I have time) to check things like knock count, AFRs, average fuel usage, etc. Then I run a datalog at the end of the month and I check for comparisons. This was due to an issue with my big turbo kit I had previously and having the WG vacuum line sheer and went full spool for like a second. When you see AFRs like 16.9 its super scary... I also make sure to run heat in my tank during the winter to ensure I am not getting a water issue. Second best way to install your own windows......

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stuff is in, but like clockwork there are some lingering missing parts issues with some vendors, like no hardware in the Airaid intake box etc, Turbo was missing all hardware (gasket, studs, couplers, etc.) Ford does not ship the calipers with the pins and retention clips those are separate, but I will muddy through all that.

6bd77a7f37453392088d5b363c120615.jpg
d685f34f74d693607a34f0f92e9a2a6d.jpg
833098da8633319aa9ee392e27fec1c0.jpg

48a2b9ffe2c9dfcfe00b8157e1724a5f.jpg

e90ffcbf4187c4133a93d8cc1e225117.jpg

Stuff will come together, one thing I definitely learned from modding all these years is to be patient when things do not go your way lol...

Sponsored
OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe its the L brackets why?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're running short of hose clamps, I only count like 300 in the picture...

Sucks you didnt get the bag of gaskets and such with the turbo, I bought mine nad got it shipped to Australia, very happy that everything needed (minus a larger coupler hose for the turbo to the Airaid CAI, but that was super easy, there were two others in the box but not big enough) in the box!

OP
OP
5.0yote

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're running short of hose clamps, I only count like 300 in the picture...

Sucks you didnt get the bag of gaskets and such with the turbo, I bought mine nad got it shipped to Australia, very happy that everything needed (minus a larger coupler hose for the turbo to the Airaid CAI, but that was super easy, there were two others in the box but not big enough) in the box!
Lol well its a shop so..... I ordered the 3.5" coupler for the Airaid when I ordered the turbo, that i have, Turbonetics is overnighting the hardware. Just odd it had nothing but the turbo in a bag... It will get sorted.