ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I haven't been able to get my clear bra / paint protection done yet so I taped up the front of the car with some high quality 3M Automotive Masking Tape. Im heading to Talledega Gran Prix this morning and I'm trying my best to protect the paint from rocks and debris slung up by other cars. My wife laughed at my blue stripes, but I think it took the install to the next level. LOL. :shrug:

About halfway through the process she asks, "if you get that clear bra thingy, will you still have to do this?"

To which I replied, "Nope!"

She now sees the light and I have her full blessing to get the car done.
image.jpg
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Looks like you're flying the colors of the Swedish flag. lol

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I wish I had taken a few more pics of the tape before it was pulled off. Look at the "damage" to the tape on the bottom of the bumper cover. Now imagine if that had not been protected...

EDIT: I swear this pic was oriented the correct way when I attached it!
image.jpg

Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
How did you like TGPR in the 350? I like the track in a MINI or something similar, but found it too tight for my 911s. I boiled the fluid on the back straight in my '07 997S standing on the breaks before the S kink. Interested to see how the much heavier 350 did.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
How did you like TGPR in the 350? I like the track in a MINI or something similar, but found it too tight for my 911s. I boiled the fluid on the back straight in my '07 997S standing on the breaks before the S kink. Interested to see how the much heavier 350 did.

I posted a video in the main discussion thread, you should check it out. I wasn't pushing the car real hard. I was maybe 75%. I still had a blast!

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"I taped up the front of the car with some high quality 3M Automotive Masking Tape"

I was thinking of doing something similar just to the front edges for my drive from Dallas. Where do you get said tape?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I view the forum on Chrome and it seems to rotate all photos to landscape orientation.

On my iPhone the orientation tends to be correct (but not the case of your photo above). Not sure if the issue is with how the photos are tagged, the forum software, the web browser, or what. I have the same issue though.

-T

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
legit! I probably would've gone ahead and wrapped up my headlights too, if they allow that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
"I taped up the front of the car with some high quality 3M Automotive Masking Tape"

I was thinking of doing something similar just to the front edges for my drive from Dallas. Where do you get said tape?
Go to an automotive paint supply store. This is 3M masking tape. As my luck would have it, the yellow tape will handle moisture in a body shop environment. I bought a tube of 6 rolls for less than $30.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
I haven't been able to get my clear bra / paint protection done yet so I taped up the front of the car with some high quality 3M Automotive Masking Tape. Im heading to Talledega Gran Prix this morning and I'm trying my best to protect the paint from rocks and debris slung up by other cars. My wife laughed at my blue stripes, but I think it took the install to the next level. LOL. :shrug:

About halfway through the process she asks, "if you get that clear bra thingy, will you still have to do this?"

To which I replied, "Nope!"

She now sees the light and I have her full blessing to get the car done.
What specific tape did you use? Did it come off clean? I'm going to be driving mine from FL to NJ and want to protect it like that for the drive... Thanks!

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Oh.

Oh LOL I love how you made your point to her... I may have to use this when my 350 shows up..... :cheers: :thumbsup: John

Still waiting on my 350......
Sponsored