Redline Hood Struts

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So I installed my hood struts awhile ago, not sure if my hood sat lower before or after I put them on. I have a 1/8 gap of my hood sitting lower near the windshield than the front fender for some reason. It meets up with the fender about mid way down the hood. I need to see if I can adjust it some how, Anyone have this issue?
Sponsored

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I don't recall having any issues with my install. Maybe something is binding when you close the hood to cause it to be raised.

OP
OP
live2ride90

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nothing is binding, the hood opens and closes fine. I am going to losing the bolts again, maybe it moved somehow see if I can get it right.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Since you only loosen one hood bolt to install our system there should be no alignment issues. If something was touching under the bracket or struts it would push the hood up and not down. I have a feeling this gap was there before you installed our QuickLIFT system and you are just now noticing it. :shrug:

No Pulp

AV8R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT350 Track Pack
Got mine yesterday. Gonna put them on this weekend.

Sponsored

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
Agreed that the struts shouldn't change anything especially to make it lower. As far as I can tell my hood is exactly the same level after installing the struts

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So I installed my hood struts awhile ago, not sure if my hood sat lower before or after I put them on. I have a 1/8 gap of my hood sitting lower near the windshield than the front fender for some reason. It meets up with the fender about mid way down the hood. I need to see if I can adjust it some how, Anyone have this issue?
My struts have not arrived yet, but the more I examine the fit and finish, the more little things I'm noticing on it. My drivers side hood gap, for example, is about a millimeter wider than the passenger side. 95% of folks wouldn't even notice it, but to me it may as well be lit up like a neon light. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not going to get Porsche's panel fit and precision, without paying Porsche money. But overall, I was really impressed with the overall build quality, fit, and finish. Especially when I got it up on a lift and gazed at the under works. Holy crap! No gaps there! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
live2ride90

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I will need to figure how to adjust it or take it in and see if the dealer will line it up for me. I just don't think I noticed it until after I installed the hood struts.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
My struts have not arrived yet, but the more I examine the fit and finish, the more little things I'm noticing on it. My drivers side hood gap, for example, is about a millimeter wider than the passenger side. 95% of folks wouldn't even notice it, but to me it may as well be lit up like a neon light. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not going to get Porsche's panel fit and precision, without paying Porsche money. But overall, I was really impressed with the overall build quality, fit, and finish. Especially when I got it up on a lift and gazed at the under works. Holy crap! No gaps there! :thumbsup:
I have the same exact thing on mine, same exact side also. I noticed it when I pulled it into garage, didn't notice it at dealer.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Same with mine, installed the redline struts and my hood seems to sit lower now. May be that I didn't notice before, but somehow I think I would have noticed that.

Sponsored

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Since you only loosen one hood bolt to install our system there should be no alignment issues. If something was touching under the bracket or struts it would push the hood up and not down. I have a feeling this gap was there before you installed our QuickLIFT system and you are just now noticing it. :shrug:
Seems like there might be an issue. Several people reporting gaps.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Ox White OTT blue stripes, tech pack
I have the same problem. Don't recall seeing the hood lower before I installed the Redline struts but can't be sure now.

No Pulp

AV8R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT350 Track Pack
Because of this thread I throughly inspected my hood before installation. Even checked the tightness of the bolts that I wasn't going to loosen prior to loosening the required bolts. Installed easily and no change in hood fitment.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Because of this thread I throughly inspected my hood before installation. Even checked the tightness of the bolts that I wasn't going to loosen prior to loosening the required bolts. Installed easily and no change in hood fitment.
+1 on that. Got mine yesterday for installation later this week.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
My car arrived last Friday and I just installed these. They work great and there is no way that loosening one bolt lowers the hood.

I did have my dealer realign the hood however because of gap issues at the front fenders. After walking the lot and pointing out all the cars that were aligned correctly, they agreed and fixed it.

I did notice that the hood seemed to set a millimeter or two lower near the windshield as well. It really isn't noticeable and I don't believe there is a way to adjust for that. I did notice many cars on the lot with the same issue. As someone said, it's not a Porsche. I just think people aren't really looking at their hood until they install the struts.
Sponsored