Sponsored

Recaro Seats will be standalone option on 2015 GT, Ecoboost

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...e-seats-available-in-new-coupe-255167351.html

All-New Ford Mustang gets RECARO Treatment; Performance Seats Available in New Coupe

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hand-crafted Recaro seats will be offered on the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang. The driving experience of the powerful, high-revving Mustang will be enhanced with the bold bolstering and high-performance driving capabilities the Recaro seat offers.

The new sixth generation model has media buzzing about a more "grown up", "evolutionary" and "adventuresome" interior styling in addition to enhanced ride comfort, all of which align with the signature experience that all Recaros offer. The Recaro standalone option will be available on the EcoBoost and GT models.

The seats, which are handcrafted at Recaro's North American headquarters in Auburn Hills, feature Recaro's signature distinctive shoulder and thigh bolsters offering the grip and hold a driver needs when taking a corner while maintaining a comfortable feel for everyday driving.

The design of the new Recaro seat is in line with Mustang's legendary handling and high-performance nature in every way. In addition to the sport performance shoulder bolstering, the new seats are ergonomically designed to optimize long-term comfort and safety.

"Having worked with Ford on the Mustang program in the past as well as the Fiesta ST and Focus ST programs, providing tailor-made Recaro seats for the all-new 2015 Mustang was a must," said Markus Kussmaul, vice president of Recaro North and South America. "We are more than excited to be a part of the brand new sixth generation Mustang and know that our seats will only enhance the one-of-a-kind driving experience that Mustang drivers demand. The fact that Ford is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the vehicle makes it even more exciting for us."

Recaro will be travelling to Las Vegas later this week (April 16-20) to partake in and support the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration hosted by The Mustang Club of America at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The seat performance is enhanced aesthetically with the Recaro logo embroidered prominently on the headrest. The seat offers both cloth and leather options depending on which interior trim is selected.

This exciting program is an extension of Recaro's relationship with Ford which touches both general consumer vehicles as well as Ford Racing. Recaro Automotive Seating currently provides optional performance seats specifically designed for the current Mustang line up, Ford Fiesta ST and Ford Focus ST.
not sure if it was already announced it would be standalone option?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
does this mean no more 'premium' models? anyone know?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Maybe that will be their big surprise. Pick the options you want on the car you want finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't really sound like that, but rather the options are being simplified. Base interior/premium interior, Recaros seats, MFT, TP/PP, and convertible.

Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
You're probably right. Still saddens me that they won't offer any of the performance options, pp/tp or recaros on convertibles.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You're probably right. Still saddens me that they won't offer any of the performance options, pp/tp or recaros on convertibles.

Convertibles can't be raced on a racetrack without a roll cage. For spirited back roads you don't really need the PP/TP.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
2015 Mustang INTERIOR Pictures

Convertibles can't be raced on a racetrack without a roll cage. For spirited back roads you don't really need the PP/TP.

On public tracks they can't, you're correct, but members/club tracks you can (or at least the one I drive at anyways) and even if they couldn't, the different gearing and recaro seats would be nice to have nonetheless.

But I suppose that's what the aftermarket is for.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Maybe that will be their big surprise. Pick the options you want on the car you want finally.

With all the new features and technology even less likely, there would be too many individual options. Tho props to them for making many of them standard.

I'll settle for smarter bundling.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Sadly, we know. :( But with the Mustang it's never really about needs, it's all about wants. :love:

Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL

It’s official: the 2015 Ford Mustang will feature a new set of Recaro race inspired seats as a standalone option in the Mustang EcoBoost and Mustang GT models. While these new Recaro seats may end up as part of a larger package at some point, the fact that they will be offered as a standalone option will allow those folks buying the 2015 Mustang powered by either the 2.3L EcoBoost or 5.0L V8 to add these great looking race seats without having to purchase a package with the seats. These new Recaro race seats for the 2015 Mustang will be offered with both cloth and leather coverings with the Recaro emblem embroidered on the headrest area. If I had to guess, I would say that they will only be offered in black, but with Recaro offering more colorful options in the likes of the Ford Focus ST – there just might other color options for the newest Recaro Mustang optional seats.
http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-...-models-get-recaro-seats#sthash.Lu8La8PY.dpuf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Posts have been moved over from the interior thread.

Again, please do some searches before posting articles/links.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Haven't the Recaro seats been a stand alone option since they were introduced a few years ago?

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I'd like the option of cloth or leather no matter the trim line...
Sponsored