Recaro Seat Comfort

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
To those that have the Recaro seats, do you think these sets are comfortable enough for long trips, like say from Michigan to Florida or are they too confining for long road trips?
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 5'11" and 170lbs. I have to say they are extremely comfortable. The longest trip I've been is 2 hours but I could see them as comfortable for long road trips.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
To those that have the Recaro seats, do you think these sets are comfortable enough for long trips, like say from Michigan to Florida or are they too confining for long road trips?
The day I bought my GT, I drove 900 miles over 2 days. From PA to Atlanta, GA. A total of almost 18hrs, this accounts for sitting in traffic.

zero back pain, of any kind. So very comfortable. I am a big guy as well. 6' 250+. I won't say broad shoulders again as that incited a riot last time...:lol:

These seats are the real deal and I love them. Cannot imagine my '15GT PP without them.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect for daily driving any kind of distance. I wouldn't order one without them.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Perfect for daily driving any kind of distance. I wouldn't order one without them.
You bet! Love the Recaro seats in my GT...very good support and much less "fatigue" during long(er) road trips.

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
mine are comfy, have the leather ones. they've inspired me to go on a diet too, they'd feel better if i lost 20 lbs.

6ft1 220 lbs at the moment. have been as low as 180 in the past 2 years but its always up and down for me. everytime i hit 220 or so i diet back down to 180 haha.

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
They are super comfortable. I have not done a big road trip but I would not hesitate. At first I had a bit of remorse for not getting the heated/AC seats, but the Recaros are so comfortable that I don't care.

Wile E. Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Altima, 2015 Mustang GT on order
I sat in a leather recaro GT and my ribs felt compressed a tad bit. it wasn't too bad but this combined with no heated or cooled seats made me order without them. I'm 180 lbs btw.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I love them, they fit me perfectly and feel great. Like Oppo I won't get another new Mustang w/out them.

Where in Florida you wanting to go?

OP
OP
Sal33n

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
We drive to Disney world every year. We love road trips. Our current road trip car is a 2013 Taurus limited fully loaded and is great for trips but we want something more sporty. It's either going to be a mustang or corvette.

Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
The Recaro seats are great...but are not heated/cooled...and no power adjustments...so...this forced me to stick with the standard premium package seats...

But...the standard leather premium package seats are actually very comfortable & supportive...

Additionally...my wife is 5'3"...and has trouble seeing over the backs of Recaro seats...

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
The Recaro seats are great...but are not heated/cooled...and no power adjustments...so...this forced me to stick with the standard premium package seats...

But...the standard leather premium package seats are actually very comfortable & supportive...

Additionally...my wife is 5'3"...and has trouble seeing over the backs of Recaro seats...

Are you putting your wife in the backseat??

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
btw, my girlfriend is 5'4" and keeps hitting her head on the harness holes plastic. kind of funny to me, might have to install a little pillow

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I have Recaro's. At first i wasn't too happy about them because of the whole no power/heating/cooling thing, but after sitting in them for a long period of time before buying, i really liked them. They are pretty comfortable and reminds me of the Recaros from the old Evo 8. I test drove that car a long while back and really loved the seats, super comfortable. I'm 5'6 150 and its not snug at all. I have broad shoulders so they kinda rest on top of the bolsters.

And i can rest my arms on the side bolsters when driving! :lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored