Sponsored

Recaro / Convenience Package seat swap - let's make it happen here

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IMO,the term "Sofa" is a bit misleading. I found a set of 350 recaros a while back and have had the occasion to use both at the track. To preface I am an "Occasional" track guy, my skill sets is about 6/10ths of cars capability. Up to about that point the tech seats work very well, the difference is when you push the car harder the recaros really prove their worth. I am 5'7' about 175 for comparison. If you are like me do not be afraid to try a track day with a leather seat 350.
When I was at the track attack the cars had Recaros and 4 point harnesses. I found that I had to crank the harness straps very tight or the Recaros would let me move around too much. I'm a big guy 6'4" and I have a wide frame. The Recaros wouldn't be comfortable for me in daily driving, but they were fine on the track. They are very, very tight on me, but I found that the bolsters give way and bend in tight corners, which allows the driver to still flop around in the car.

So my GT350 has the non-Recaro "sofa" seats, which I bought because I assumed they would be better for most of my driving. I bought a 4 point harness from Schroth to see how well it would work for track days. I found that if I crank the harness nice and tight it's pretty similar to using the Recaros with a tight harness.

My recommendation to the OP is - unless you are going to the Recaros for appearance sake (that's a legitimate reason IMO because they do look good) - try harnesses with the seats you have. You might be surprised at how well it will work.. and maybe you won't need to buy seats.

I'm not planning to buy seats for track days unless I decide to move up to a fixed back seat.
Sponsored

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
Spoke to Ford Performance today to inquire about just buying some Recaro seats, short answer is pretty much no. Updated what we know and what we don't know above. In summary, there are 2 harnesses in the Convenience Seat equipped cars. One for the movement and airbags, the second for memory / heating / cooling. The second harness is not there on the Recaro Seat equipped cars. So the seat will adjust, airbags will work, etc. but you will lose memory function and heating / cooling capabilities.

If anyone wants to swap their Recaro seats for the Convenience Package seats and you are ok with no memory / heating / cooling, I am your guy. My car has 1,000 miles on it.
Make me an offer on my R seats, they were only in the car for 1000 miles

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My son and I each have 2016 GT350's. Mine is tech and his is track. Is it feasible to swap his passenger Recaro for my driver side comfort seat? One thing I really like about the Recaro is how much lower it is.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not without installing a new lover foam pad and cover.

I installed 2019 Ford Performance Recaros in my 2017 by swapping the OCS from my stock seat into the Recaro and using FJDS to do an OCS re-learn. No DTCs and no issues with the function of the RCM. I noticed that certain parts of the seats are symmetric and certain parts are mirrored.

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350
Testing the waters. 2017 gt350 recaros looking for a set of 2016-2017 convenience package seats.
Sponsored