Ok Greg, I am going to listen to you. I agree with your take on this recall
Sponsored

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Hi , if you ran the vin # it would show as a recall not done ! ��
I keep my cars till they are run into the ground. I don't think the Kidney Foundation will make an issue of a recall not done

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Guys, I don't know if Ford reports everything to CarFax or not, but I agree that it'll show up somewhere that the recall wasn't done. I'm simply saying that before you sell it, whether soon or years down the road, you can and should have it done, but you don't have to do it now. In the past I remember that I had a car that needed the fuel pump replaced that was in the gas tank. The dealer beat the 'hell' out of that car taking out the gas tank! I don't want to go through that again.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I worry more about a fire, although the chances of that are infinitesimally small. I don't worry about selling constraints. What does worry me is a messed up repair. This is not a factory repair, it is the local dealer. I had a trunk lid so called repaired based on a TSB in a Maxima and it never shut correctly after that. My wife's Infiniti dash was replaced because of bubbling. The alignment is off. I fear this repair could leave me with rattles. When I asked the service manager about this recall he had not even heard of it
Sponsored