Sponsored

Recall for 19,500 2015 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost vehicles for elevated temperatures

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
If anyone has pics of before and after the repair that would be great; I want to ensure they did the recall correctly. My fear is that may have not they installed all the parts and left out the back ordered ones, but marked the recall/fix as complete. I only fear this because prior to the fix the dealer tried to convince me that the recall was already done weeks ago but they lost the paper work, obviously this was not the case. They lost my trust early on...
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
If anyone has pics of before and after the repair that would be great; I want to ensure they did the recall correctly. My fear is that may have not they installed all the parts and left out the back ordered ones, but marked the recall/fix as complete. I only fear this because prior to the fix the dealer tried to convince me that the recall was already done weeks ago but they lost the paper work, obviously this was not the case. They lost my trust early on...
Need to do an oil change this weekend, so I should be under the car. I'll try to take some, but I do not have before pics. So I'm not sure where all of the new shielding goes, but it should be kind of obvious.

PS: I have a MagnaFLow comp catback, so they may do mine slightly different. Not sure, they said it was no issue.

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need to do an oil change this weekend, so I should be under the car. I'll try to take some, but I do not have before pics. So I'm not sure where all of the new shielding goes, but it should be kind of obvious.

PS: I have a MagnaFLow comp catback, so they may do mine slightly different. Not sure, they said it was no issue.

Awesome thanks! I can see some heat shield/wraps on the fuel lines but nothing on gas tank. I though there was supposed to be a heat shield kit they add to that as well (this was the back ordered item). Much appreciated. How do you like that exhaust?

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
The more I read on this thread the more I am inclined to not get it fixed. The probability of a bad occurance is small, smaller than the chances of the dealer damaging my car with a fix they don't know how to do

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
So,

Work on my car was completed today. I wanted to ensure they had tightened the exhaust clamps properly so I climbed under the car and snapped a few shots, see below.

The main thing is that some of the tape that was placed there was already coming off, perhaps it wasn't pressed tightly against the car initially. Also, guys... Get a dashcam, you never know what goes on with your car while it's being worked on. That may be a separate thread to avoid derailing this one.

Rear right, just above the exhaust
bMBKRSk.jpg

Shielding below and around driveshaft & tank (no suitcase due to aftermarket catback)
4nTLi7p.jpg

shielded lines
arRgttV.jpg

shielded lines
muTsm6L.jpg

I'm not sure if that's a fuel line or if it was previously shielded.
2xdEhLI.jpg

Additional shielding right above downpipe, where it meets mid pipe.
7JAeMUA.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps people get an idea of what/how it's done.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Waiting and the recall...

My EB convertible is not on the recall list...it was assembled 4 days after the last recall assembly date. I was extremely upset because it was held at Flat Rock for seven weeks without any explanation. One rumor was that there was a 'firewall problem'...so it seems that the '2 month hold' was really to fix the exhaust heat problem. I am now glad that Flat Rock held our 4,000 vehicles before sending them out to the dealers. At least, I am able to drive mine without having to bring it to the dealer for the recall repairs.

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEODARK - Thanks this will be a good way for all of us to keep our dealers honest. I'm going to check mine out tonight or tomorrow.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no way I am letting my dealer take on that complexity with my car. I will take my chances

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So,

Work on my car was completed today. I wanted to ensure they had tightened the exhaust clamps properly so I climbed under the car and snapped a few shots, see below.

The main thing is that some of the tape that was placed there was already coming off, perhaps it wasn't pressed tightly against the car initially. Also, guys... Get a dashcam, you never know what goes on with your car while it's being worked on. That may be a separate thread to avoid derailing this one.

bMBKRSk.jpg

4nTLi7p.jpg

arRgttV.jpg

muTsm6L.jpg

2xdEhLI.jpg

7JAeMUA.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps people get an idea of what/how it's done.
Question - you don't have a resonator correct since you have an after market exhaust? I don't have the heat shield around the drive shaft like yours; do you know what parts are the ones that have been on back order?

EDIT - I looked a bit more closely and I think I have all the work done you are showing; Pic 2 in your post is right after the dif i believe; I got confused at first. I think I am in good shape, but always good to check. Thanks again.

Last edited:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
There is no way I am letting my dealer take on that complexity with my car. I will take my chances
Frankly, after my experience today... I kinda wish I had as well.

Anyway, glad to help :)

Sponsored

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hi everyone, I'm still waiting for my parts to come in too. But the pictures I've seen make me want to skip the whole darn thing. Looks frankly like a crappy job with a bunch of tape coming off and a bunch of aluminum cardboard sheets just crammed into places. I also hear they have to take the drive shaft out too. Now my question: Would I void my warranty if I took my chances and NOT have it done? I'd really like to hear your opinions on this, if I can just skip it. ..thanks guys ..Greg (GJL2000 )

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I said a couple of posts back I think I am going to skip it. The chances of a problem are less than the chances of the dealer making a mess

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Personally, I'd take a few potential scratches than a few potential flames.

ib2loud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I had mine done a couple of days after buying the car. The tech said it was his first but I watched a lot of it and he didn't have any problems.

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for all your thoughts about this. It'll be interesting what the underneath of a 2016 Ecoboost looks like compared to the 2015 repair job.
Sponsored