Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Just an FYI my dealership service department did the 2017 I just bought today. He said he only had to take the center section out of the front splitter to get to where he needed to be with the belly pan and it only took about a half hour to replace the line. He did put new push plugs in the middle section of the splitter he'd removed.
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I received a phone call yesterday, "my cooler line is in, I have a loner waiting". Ford is making their first quarter goal of getting lines out. Hope some of the hate others have expressed towards Ford is ok now?.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I need to remove the front bumper to mount modded headlights so does anyone know if that would remove the need to dissemble the front splitter for the oil line replacement?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I received a phone call yesterday, "my cooler line is in, I have a loner waiting". Ford is making their first quarter goal of getting lines out. Hope some of the hate others have expressed towards Ford is ok now?.
Glad you are getting your car fixed. A handful of people got their cars fixed. Probably the ones who complained to the dealer the loudest. The vast majority of us are still waiting to hear anything. I highly doubt they will notify everyone by the end of this month.

The complaining is about the way Ford handled this. They made folks wait 3+ months while they fixed cars in dealers stock while leaving the rest of us twisting in the wind.

So no, it's not all OK now to me.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I need to remove the front bumper to mount modded headlights so does anyone know if that would remove the need to dissemble the front splitter for the oil line replacement?
Yes, since the splitter is attached to bumper. Full access if bumper removed!

http://tinyurl.com/hyzsdyy

Last edited:
Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I actually asked my dealer 1 time about it. I took the car in for a visual inspection of the line before a long road trip. I asked if they have heard when the lines would be available. He made 2 calls and informed me he'd have it within a day or 2. My advice is to ask your dealer, don't just wait for them to contact you. I'm guessing had I not asked I'd still be waiting too.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Asked the dealer and the response was, "You need to wait for Ford to notify you by mail that it is ready. The first notification in December was just to advise about the recall and a timetable for when it would be a available."

My first big track day is in May (autocross for the near term so not too concerned) so I'll give them a few more weeks.

Goes to show it's about customer service. Some dealers got it but most don't.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
had mine done yesterday...did an oil change at the same time as I was due for that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was thinking I would probably wait until my next oil change is due also. It will probably be a month or two.

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The vast majority of us are still waiting to hear anything. I highly doubt they will notify everyone by the end of this month.
I received the first letter that was sent out back in December or whenever. I called a dealer about a month ago and they said they couldn't order them yet if my lines weren't leaking. I called a different dealer today and spoke with the service manager. He asked if I got a letter from Ford regarding the recall, I said yes, lines ordered and will be here Monday. I didn't complain, but I was proactive and didn't wait for Ford to get off their asses.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I received the first letter that was sent out back in December or whenever. I called a dealer about a month ago and they said they couldn't order them yet if my lines weren't leaking. I called a different dealer today and spoke with the service manager. He asked if I got a letter from Ford regarding the recall, I said yes, lines ordered and will be here Monday. I didn't complain, but I was proactive and didn't wait for Ford to get off their asses.
Good move, just call and ask. They can obviously track down these lines. Most I've seen on here that's how they got theirs. I don't know of any that got a letter yet to say part are in.

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
I actually asked my dealer 1 time about it. I took the car in for a visual inspection of the line before a long road trip. I asked if they have heard when the lines would be available. He made 2 calls and informed me he'd have it within a day or 2. My advice is to ask your dealer, don't just wait for them to contact you. I'm guessing had I not asked I'd still be waiting too.
EXACTLY.. read this post yesterday called and the dealer confirmed the part available in 2 days, made an appt and we are good to go. Make the CALL... :thumbsup:

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I dropped mine off today. I just asked about the recall during my last oil change. They said the part wasn't available yet. I asked them to look at the line and they said it looked good.

I then took it in last week for a detail and asked about the recall while I was there. They said the part was available. We made today's appointment and I pick the car up tomorrow.

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to jinx myself but I have been driving the crap out of my car... not beating on it but doing a lot of traveling. I'd bet I have the most miles on a 2017 so far. No issues. I think everyone will be ok with a few exceptions of course. Then again, our cars are made by different folks.

Anyone want to guess how many miles I have? LOL

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I dropped mine off today. I just asked about the recall during my last oil change. They said the part wasn't available yet. I asked them to look at the line and they said it looked good.

I then took it in last week for a detail and asked about the recall while I was there. They said the part was available. We made today's appointment and I pick the car up tomorrow.

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to jinx myself but I have been driving the crap out of my car... not beating on it but doing a lot of traveling. I'd bet I have the most miles on a 2017 so far. No issues. I think everyone will be ok with a few exceptions of course. Then again, our cars are made by different folks.

Anyone want to guess how many miles I have? LOL
I'll say 19000
Sponsored