Sponsored

Rear bumper reflectors

stang_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GTPP
So is washing my GT this afternoon and when I was drying off the rear bumper I noticed the reflectors were lifted on the outer corners. Anyone else experienced this issue?
rps20160505_192744.jpg
rps20160505_192711.jpg
rps20160505_192647.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
stang_man

stang_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GTPP
It's due to excessive heat from your exhaust tips (aftermarket?).
I have the MBRP cat back but wow...did not know that it generated that much heat. Why are the exhaust openings not warped though? I thought that would have deformed first since it is thinner and closer to the exhaust :confused:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well I'm no chemist but I assume something with how the lenses are molded (probably from using heat) is different than the polyurethane bumper. I think the solution was to make the tips stick out a little bit further (which does not look as 'clean,' yes) but it puts more clearance between the reflector lenses and the super hot exhaust gasses.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Nope that is the Intake. The exhaust BLOWS.

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
It's definitely your aftermarket exhaust. There's been other posts on this forum by people with your issue. Don't remember which exhaust setup those guys were running though as it was awhile ago. I was carefully watching mine for awhile when I got basic Roush axlebacks installed and luckily haven't had any issues.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Extend your tips out further.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nope that is the Intake. The exhaust BLOWS.

LMAO at some of the comments and the extreme exhaust lengthening on that Lambo!!

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
OP
OP
stang_man

stang_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GTPP
Stang_Man, any advance or solution with this? I'm having the same issue. (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62287)

Thanks
I took the advice of extending the tips out a bit further. Not much, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch or so. Before I did that, I popped the reflectors out and used a hair dryer on low setting to heat and "mold" the reflectors back into shape then reinstalled them. Haven't had any issues since and they look normal now. Be careful not to overheat or you'll melt them to the point of distortion. Just use a low setting for a longer time span and work the plastic slowly until you're satisfied with the results. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
I took the advice of extending the tips out a bit further. Not much, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch or so. Before I did that, I popped the reflectors out and used a hair dryer on low setting to heat and "mold" the reflectors back into shape then reinstalled them. Haven't had any issues since and they look normal now. Be careful not to overheat or you'll melt them to the point of distortion. Just use a low setting for a longer time span and work the plastic slowly until you're satisfied with the results. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I'll do that. And is easy to pop the reflector out?
Sponsored