Sponsored

Rear bumper paint color

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I've heard of some people having this issue but I'm not sure if it's common or to be expected or not. I have a white car. The rear bumper is slightly off white but you can tell the difference w/o having to really look too hard, especially when the car is clean. Is this normal? Just seems odd that one piece would be off color. I noticed when I bought the car but me going into 5 year old excited mode, I didn't bother to ask. I had a 16 RR GT350 but didn't have this issue. Maybe b/c it was red. Any who, does anyone else have this too?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The colors look a little different on plastic panels vs. metal. I've noticed it before on some cars, especially if they are a little dirty.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Man I hate to bring this up but did you notice any signs of damage and repair that could’ve happened before you took delivery? I agree w what [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] wrote but what I brought up has happened to other members here.

OP
OP

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Man I hate to bring this up but did you notice any signs of damage and repair that could’ve happened before you took delivery? I agree w what [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] wrote but what I brought up has happened to other members here.
I didn't notice anything too obvious. I looked around the car but I will admit that I didn't look as closely as I should have. All of the tape and papers were still all stuck on the car. I wasn't there when it was delivered but I was there the night before for some other stuff so it wasn't there but for a few hours before I got it. I guess I should mention I've had the car since 6/23. It's just now that I've had it for a while, every time I wash the car it drives me crazy lol.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I didn't notice anything too obvious. I looked around the car but I will admit that I didn't look as closely as I should have. All of the tape and papers were still all stuck on the car. I wasn't there when it was delivered but I was there the night before for some other stuff so it wasn't there but for a few hours before I got it. I guess I should mention I've had the car since 6/23. It's just now that I've had it for a while, every time I wash the car it drives me crazy lol.
Ugg, if it’s that noticeable it’s driving you crazy, you might want to thoroughly check out the rear end....or stop washing it:D

Good Luck :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Ugg, if it’s that noticeable it’s driving you crazy, you might want to thoroughly check out the rear end....or stop washing it:D

Good Luck :cheers:
Lol. Idk. I was on the way to the dealer when they called me. It was like 8am or something so it wasn't there long. Nothing else seems off but the paint color. I plan to get it wrapped in the near future. It's just making me nuts for right now T.T

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Take it back. the bumper and body was painted two different places and possibly a diff company. its the plants QC person responsibility to paint match all tier 2 parts that are painted to body color, all the way down to the color of the pellets they feed the bumper mold machine. Even the grain on the plastic is matched to a master. (at east the OEM I work for.)

I cannot give any more secrets. :)

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Also they claim you have to "let it sit in the sun for a while to cure", but I see its a gt350 and is probably garaged.

OP
OP

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Also they claim you have to "let it sit in the sun for a while to cure", but I see its a gt350 and is probably garaged.
Thanks. Yeah it's garaged every night and in a parking deck so almost never sits outside.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
rear bumper on my car is slightly off color. It's been at least partially repainted. I asked the repair shop about that and they said that whole bumper didn't get painted. Only the area around the licence plate. I hadn't really looked that closely before then.

They said that steel and the plastic don't bond paint exactly the same. Or maybe the paint process is different. Don't know. You could go back to dealer and look at other new cars sitting on the lot. I'd be more concerned if sheet metal got new paint.
Sponsored