Sponsored

Raxiom Unit in the Works?

psylocibin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost

Nav is live. No, It's not a joke. click the image above and if you'd like a DISCOUNT CODE just shoot me a PM.

Thanks for your patience guys...Especially you Pat :)

Alex
Does this have the same install as the Rosen or TomTap?
Sponsored

RubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT 6MT, Ruby Red with Ceramic Interior
Has the issue of the clock being off been resolved yet?

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Do you happen to know if these are customizable at all? Like custom wallpapers and what not?
No customizability from the software revision it shipped with for me. I do not know if they have a new software revision installed though.

Sponsored

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
No customizability from the software revision it shipped with for me. I do not know if they have a new software revision installed though.
I installed mine on Tuesday and have been playing with it since. I can confirm that nothing has changed since the testers reported their findings. The clock issue still exists and nothing has been customized or changed since the test version. What's more, I contacted Raxiom about the availability of software updates and the clock issue, and the response I received from them makes me question the stellar level of support that was supposed to be backing up the high price tag of this unit- no software updates available that they are aware of (and if there were I could "purchase" them from https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal), and no knowledge of the clock issue and I should contact Ford to see what may be going on with the system clock (?!).

That being said, is it possible to customize the Raxiom unit the way that some of the other units have been customized? It's funny that all of these units are supposed to have their own software versions, but I can get to all of the same "hidden" settings, like the "8888" and "9999" things...

If nothing else, it sure would be nice to see a pony logo on start up like the crappy 4-inch screen had, instead of seeing the name of a company that apparently has nothing to do with the products they sell (just my 2cents from my experience so far).

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I installed mine on Tuesday and have been playing with it since. I can confirm that nothing has changed since the testers reported their findings. The clock issue still exists and nothing has been customized or changed since the test version. What's more, I contacted Raxiom about the availability of software updates and the clock issue, and the response I received from them makes me question the stellar level of support that was supposed to be backing up the high price tag of this unit- no software updates available that they are aware of (and if there were I could "purchase" them from https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal), and no knowledge of the clock issue and I should contact Ford to see what may be going on with the system clock (?!).

That being said, is it possible to customize the Raxiom unit the way that some of the other units have been customized? It's funny that all of these units are supposed to have their own software versions, but I can get to all of the same "hidden" settings, like the "8888" and "9999" things...

If nothing else, it sure would be nice to see a pony logo on start up like the crappy 4-inch screen had, instead of seeing the name of a company that apparently has nothing to do with the products they sell (just my 2cents from my experience so far).
All these units share the same hardware, and apparently, some basic software. I have moddictionion unit and shares the same clock issue, hidden settings, etc. nice to know its not just that I paid less.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Yeah i was wondering about the clock issues....youd think that would benone of the easiest things to program lol. Whats funny is the clock in the gps mode is fine. Also...my radio stations wont stay saved...which is also annoying...

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow

The catch here is Raxiom, Moddiction and others are buying from the same source, Sintegrate, hence the same problems.

I went to that website, in order to register to download, or purchase, anything, you need to select a device. I did not see Raxiom, Moddiction, Toptom (Tomtop?) listed; probably some generic name for all systems, I guess.

The clock thing really is amazing, since it is one of the most basic, straight-forward features. Telling you to go to Ford is silly, because I know my original radio had zero issues keeping/displaying time. It's really a function of the new unit not communicating correctly with the sync module for that information; i.e. - a bug in the code that needs to be fixed. WHY is such an issue, is beyond me.

Overall, though, the new units are cosmetically a huge step up from those square buttons and 4" screen; as 'early adopters', we need to keep after our vendors to get these bugs worked out from their source, which appears to be Sintegrate.

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
The catch here is Raxiom, Moddiction and others are buying from the same source, Sintegrate, hence the same problems.

I went to that website, in order to register to download, or purchase, anything, you need to select a device. I did not see Raxiom, Moddiction, Toptom (Tomtop?) listed; probably some generic name for all systems, I guess.

The clock thing really is amazing, since it is one of the most basic, straight-forward features. Telling you to go to Ford is silly, because I know my original radio had zero issues keeping/displaying time. It's really a function of the new unit not communicating correctly with the sync module for that information; i.e. - a bug in the code that needs to be fixed. WHY is such an issue, is beyond me.

Overall, though, the new units are cosmetically a huge step up from those square buttons and 4" screen; as 'early adopters', we need to keep after our vendors to get these bugs worked out from their source, which appears to be Sintegrate.
I hear you. My clock didn't have any issues prior to the swap, either. It's just funny that this unit took all that time to come out because they were supposedly working out all the bugs that the previously released companies had, and then the guys testing them had the same issues, and then they released them with the same issues. And now the unit is out, people are having issues, and the vendor who was all over this thread for months is gone. Alex said a replacement was coming, where is that person?

Yes, the new unit is a huge step cosmetically, but what frustrates me is that the function doesn't match the look, and for me it's almost a step backwards.

Here's a good example of a new issue I have started to see. Sync clearly has it's problems- even before I installed Raxiom I had issues with the source defaulting (most of the time) to the radio on startup. I only listen to music via Bluetooth, never the radio, so that's obviously a Sync issue. That issue continued after I installed the Raxiom, only now, when that happens, I hit the power button for the unit to turn the whole thing off ('cause I'm usually backing out of the driveway and don't want to listen to static), and the screen shuts off but the radio keeps playing. The only way I can get it to shut off completely is to turn the power back on to display the screen, go to the Sync tab to change the source to something other than radio, and then hit the power button again. And again, even more frustrating because it happens 'most of the time', but not all of the time.

I drove a buddy's Explorer over the weekend that has the factory navigation system- same exact layout as the one ours was made to "look like", the 4 different tabs in the same exact colors, etc. For the time I was in the car using it, it worked flawlessly. Many more features, too. The background was his own picture, a lot more info on the screen. And it worked. I'm not really sure what that means, other than there's got to be a way to make it work better if Ford can do it...

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I hear you. My clock didn't have any issues prior to the swap, either. It's just funny that this unit took all that time to come out because they were supposedly working out all the bugs that the previously released companies had, and then the guys testing them had the same issues, and then they released them with the same issues. And now the unit is out, people are having issues, and the vendor who was all over this thread for months is gone. Alex said a replacement was coming, where is that person?

Yes, the new unit is a huge step cosmetically, but what frustrates me is that the function doesn't match the look, and for me it's almost a step backwards.

Here's a good example of a new issue I have started to see. Sync clearly has it's problems- even before I installed Raxiom I had issues with the source defaulting (most of the time) to the radio on startup. I only listen to music via Bluetooth, never the radio, so that's obviously a Sync issue. That issue continued after I installed the Raxiom, only now, when that happens, I hit the power button for the unit to turn the whole thing off ('cause I'm usually backing out of the driveway and don't want to listen to static), and the screen shuts off but the radio keeps playing. The only way I can get it to shut off completely is to turn the power back on to display the screen, go to the Sync tab to change the source to something other than radio, and then hit the power button again. And again, even more frustrating because it happens 'most of the time', but not all of the time.

I drove a buddy's Explorer over the weekend that has the factory navigation system- same exact layout as the one ours was made to "look like", the 4 different tabs in the same exact colors, etc. For the time I was in the car using it, it worked flawlessly. Many more features, too. The background was his own picture, a lot more info on the screen. And it worked. I'm not really sure what that means, other than there's got to be a way to make it work better if Ford can do it...

For the price that Raxiom is charging for this unit you are much better off going with an OEM swap that myself and a few others pioneered. OEMRadio sells kits now to do this. You can get a factory MFT system for about the same price as this unit. It was very disappointing to me to see that none of what I and other testers pointed out has been addressed and added to that the much higher price then I was expecting it. I think this is a good upgrade at $450 not $800.

I am just waiting for the Sync 3 prices to come down and I will be doing another OEM swap.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
For the price that Raxiom is charging for this unit you are much better off going with an OEM swap that myself and a few others pioneered. OEMRadio sells kits now to do this. You can get a factory MFT system for about the same price as this unit. It was very disappointing to me to see that none of what I and other testers pointed out has been addressed and added to that the much higher price then I was expecting it. I think this is a good upgrade at $450 not $800.

I am just waiting for the Sync 3 prices to come down and I will be doing another OEM swap.
Thanks for finally saying that lol..that was the feeling I was getting from all the posts but nobody ever actually said it..I forget how much OEMRADIO quoted for a MFT with nav

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Thanks for finally saying that lol..that was the feeling I was getting from all the posts but nobody ever actually said it..I forget how much OEMRADIO quoted for a MFT with nav
That's funny, I just PM'd him for a quote and then saw this. Totally agree!

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Does anybodys cd player not work? I tried to load a cd and it wouldnt load??? Also the cd logo on the home page is not lit up.. ??
Sponsored