Racing Brake Fluid

Drmetcalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniv Limited Edition Mustang 1607
Within the next couple of months I will be taking my LE GT Mustang to a road track. The chief driving instructor suggested that the only thing he would recommend is replacing the stock brake fluid with racing brake fluid. Does Ford make a good racing brake fluid or does anyone recommend a brand that they have had good experience with? Also another thread indicated that 2 quarts was plenty to purchase. That enough?
Thanks.
Sponsored

jmhtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premier Black w/PP
Within the next couple of months I will be taking my LE GT Mustang to a road track. The chief driving instructor suggested that the only thing he would recommend is replacing the stock brake fluid with racing brake fluid. Does Ford make a good racing brake fluid or does anyone recommend a brand that they have had good experience with? Also another thread indicated that 2 quarts was plenty to purchase. That enough?
Thanks.
I've always used ATE Type 200 High temp.brake fluid before each HPDE. It's probably the most popular HPDE fluid in the known universe. Just google "ATE 200" for sources. I get mine from Turner Motorsports in MA.
Oh, and get enough to do a complete flush. I've never had to use more than 1 quart. YMMV.
Good luck.

jmhtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premier Black w/PP
ATE 200 and ATE 200 Blue are the same exact fluids, except for the color. I'm pretty sure the Blue is no longer being sold, at least in the US.
Sponsored