R allocation call, but one small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
So, I was on the list to get an R, but there were two in front of me. Thinking that there was no way I would get one, I went ahead and purchased the GT350 Tech Package and couldn't be happier. Well, get the call today and the other turned down the offer. After having the car I have, I don't want the R. Kids love going places in the car and I would feel horrible if I didn't have the back seat.

I am thinking of getting the car, but putting it up for sale. With the markup people are paying for it, in the end, I could end up owning my 350 for roughly 30K. Dealer is sticking to the original quote of 5K adm for the R.

Does anyone know if you can sell a car before you have it? Meaning, could I put up the allocation for sale so that the buyer could get exactly what they wanted? If I did this, what is proper "deposit" to ensure buyer follows thru? I was thinking 50%. Has anyone worked out a deal like this in the past? Thanks.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No, needs to be titled to you for legal ownership in order to sell. You can arrange something with someone but that person, technically, will be buying a "used" vehicle and will be the "second owner".

OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, needs to be titled to you for legal ownership in order to sell. You can arrange something with someone but that person, technically, will be buying a "used" vehicle and will be the "second owner".
Well hell. There goes that plan. So, looks like the only thing I could "offer" an individual is to get the exact car they want, but used. I appreciate the quick response.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you find someone wanting to do this, which is not unlikely, they won't care. Just a myriad of paperwork. But, it is a risk that, personally, I would not take if you have a GT350 that is working out for you and you, personally, don't need a 350R.

But if you do buy the 350R, I'll gladly babysit it for you. I'm just a few hours away. :) I will need the keys... you know, in case I have to move it around the garage and what not.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
forget the kids, get the R.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
forget the kids, get the R.
I can honestly say that the thought didn't even cross my mind. Never thought an 11 and a 12 year old could get so much enjoyment out of just riding around. It is awesome hearing my daughter tell me to "turn the exhaust on".

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Get the R and the rear seat kit sold by ford racing. I bet th dealer will give you close to msrp on the trade.

I'm not sure why people would want to pay you on top of the dealer ADM. Actually pretty questionable if you consider all the enthusiasts on this forum trying to help each other find deals.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I can honestly say that the thought didn't even cross my mind. Never thought an 11 and a 12 year old could get so much enjoyment out of just riding around. It is awesome hearing my daughter tell me to "turn the exhaust on".
Props to you, you have your priorities straight ... those kids will always remember that car. When we were very young our grandfather had an old war surplus jeep with an overdrive which was engaged through a knob on the dash ... we were always hollering "Pull out the ball grandpa"!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
good I had to say it that way for you to note what's more important. ;)

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Sell the tech and get the R. If you choose not to buy the R, don't be greedy. Let another enthusiast enjoy it. Karma always comes around.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sell the tech and get the R. If you choose not to buy the R, don't be greedy. Let another enthusiast enjoy it. Karma always comes around.
I wouldn't really call it greedy. I think if he has the means and accepts the risk, he should buy and flip if it's possible. It's likely that if he passes the deal to someone else, enthusiast or not, that person is going to realize some kind of financial benefit from the transaction - that person might even flip it right away. I'm all for helping out a fellow enthusiast but I can make a pretty solid argument that NOT buying it to flip would be financially irresponsible. It's not like he would be stealing from babies or the terminally ill.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Sell the Tech pack, buy the R and buy the rear seat kit. Problem solved.

I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to get an R. They are too freaking rare.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Sell the Tech pack, buy the R and buy the rear seat kit. Problem solved.

I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to get an R. They are too freaking rare.
Second what bdub said

ThundrPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
93 GT
In my opinion you keep both if you have the financial resources and garage space. Keep the R under wrap as an investment and have fun with the regular edition. If that's not feasible and you have no interest in keeping the R as a long term investment then you're on the right track of selling it and pocketing the cash. There is nothing wrong with owning the regular edition at 30k. Either which way you go you will be ahead of the game. Good luck and let us know how it goes. https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ved-up-with-new-mustang-gt350r-back-seat.html

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Hey ther, I am a long time lurker, first time poster. What kind of arrangement are you looking for? I have been very interested in the gt350r, having always driven mustangs, and having always wanted a Shelby/cobra, but have not spent much time looking yet because of all the reported markups. I have been planning to shop for a 2017 gt350/r.

I don't know what we can discuss on the forums, but would not mind hearing more details. That being said, I probably won't pay the kind of markups I've seen people talking about. The 'r' model may be worth 10k or less adm due to its rarity, but more than that just doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for listening to a first time poster! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.