question for those with Active Exhaust

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
You can get in the car, turn on accessory power, switch it to quiet and start it. It will stay that way till you switch drive modes or exhaust modes. I do it every time I start the car in the morning. (Not very often). And I can tell you with Kooks catless LTH , Magnaflow X and competition cat back, there is no more quiet mode. It’s quieter, but not quiet. I drive 90% of the time in sport mode with exhaust the same. It’s not too bad below 3000 after that it’s freakin loud. Being that you bought yours used, have you looked to see if the suitcase is still there? Maybe the previous owner did a delete
Shit! After all that, I realized this is an older post. Oh well. Lol

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
so I just got my car used. It has active exhaust. my question is why is it louder than a stock exhaust? I know it has the valves but are the actual mufflers the same? maybe I should call Ford but what i"m ultimately wondering is if I added headers would it be louder than an otherwise stock car with headers and no active exhaust if that makes sense?
I have had an H pipe, Kooks catted 1 7/8 headers, and stock active exhaust. It really wasn’t an insane amount louder than stock. A lot louder, but not catless loud and quiet mode w headers was really just as quiet as stock quiet. You will be fine with catted headers.

OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
You can get in the car, turn on accessory power, switch it to quiet and start it. It will stay that way till you switch drive modes or exhaust modes. I do it every time I start the car in the morning. (Not very often). And I can tell you with Kooks catless LTH , Magnaflow X and competition cat back, there is no more quiet mode. It’s quieter, but not quiet. I drive 90% of the time in sport mode with exhaust the same. It’s not too bad below 3000 after that it’s freakin loud. Being that you bought yours used, have you looked to see if the suitcase is still there? Maybe the previous owner did a delete
Shit! After all that, I realized this is an older post. Oh well. Lol
No worries. I have it set to start in quite mode every time (from 12am-12pm). I then switch to track when I'm out of my neighborhood. Actually usually leave it in quiet until it's warmed up or close to it. Currently have a FR X pipe in place of the stock resonator. Sounds pretty dang good to me. Not too loud but not too quiet (unless you're in quiet mode then it's just right quiet). This is the best feature ever on a Mustang.

My next move will be putting the mak deletes on and then replacing the mid X pipe with a magnaflow ''resonator" (let's be real it's a muffler). That should keep it pretty well where it's at now sound wise I think or close to it but that's down the road a ways even tho I already have all the parts

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
No worries. I have it set to start in quite mode every time (from 12am-12pm). I then switch to track when I'm out of my neighborhood. Actually usually leave it in quiet until it's warmed up or close to it. Currently have a FR X pipe in place of the stock resonator. Sounds pretty dang good to me. Not too loud but not too quiet (unless you're in quiet mode then it's just right quiet). This is the best feature ever on a Mustang.

My next move will be putting the mak deletes on and then replacing the mid X pipe with a magnaflow ''resonator" (let's be real it's a muffler). That should keep it pretty well where it's at now sound wise I think or close to it but that's down the road a ways even tho I already have all the parts
It’ll probably sound good. My brother’s is bone stock w/ MBRP X and sounds great. I listened to sound clips of all the available aftermarket cat backs with the active option and liked the Maggie the best, but I didn’t get to hear it with LTH no cats. I about shit the first time I fired it up!! I’ve gotten used to and like it now, but it’s loud. Good luck

Sponsored

Owltown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT PP1,
NO headers.. STOCK... Will leaving the car in quiet mode affect the engine of the car in any way? i.e. carbon buildup,
extra heat, etc ... Will leaving the exhaust in sport mode help the engine.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
NO headers.. STOCK... Will leaving the car in quiet mode affect the engine of the car in any way? i.e. carbon buildup,
extra heat, etc ... Will leaving the exhaust in sport mode help the engine.
I don’t think it would hurt/help anything either way. Active only works on one of the two tips on each side, so regardless of what mode you’re in, you still have one wide open outlet on both sides