Question about sct tuner

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
So I know the sct comes with canned tunes for e85 and 93 octane...if I bought a used sct, would I be able to use those canned tunes on my car? Or would I need to contact sct and buy new ones?
Seems I should know the answer to this but I'm not sure.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I wouldn't trust a canned e85 tune. Any reputable tuner will get your fuel trims spot on with pump gas before switching you over to ethanol.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
if the tuner is unmarried, yes... you can use the canned tunes.

if the tuner is married, no... you need to send it to sct, pay to have it unmarried and then you can upload the canned tunes.

the canned tunes SUCK!!!

I hated the canned tunes since day one, had to use them for the JLT intake... no power gains at all, and the transmission program for "S" was horrible... specially the down shift (A6)... after the PBD tune, it became a different car, lovely to drive...

so, yes, you can buy a used programmer, yes, you can use the canned tunes (if unmarried) but, getting a custom tune worth every penny.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I would never use a tune that came on the device. The device should only be used as a tool to load tunes from a trusted tuner.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So I know the sct comes with canned tunes for e85 and 93 octane...if I bought a used sct, would I be able to use those canned tunes on my car? Or would I need to contact sct and buy new ones?
You might want to check out a custom tune from a tune shop such as Lund Racing or Palm Beach dyno. They will fine tune your car so it runs perfectly. We sell both of their tunes here at www.lethalperformance.com. Please give me a shout if you have any questions. Thank you.

Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
You might want to check out a custom tune from a tune shop such as Lund Racing or Palm Beach dyno. They will fine tune your car so it runs perfectly. We sell both of their tunes here at www.lethalperformance.com. Please give me a shout if you have any questions. Thank you.
Hi Andrew, I have an unmarried sct x4, but your site doesn't seem to list a pbd tune for it... https://www.lethalperformance.com/p...ted-tuning-for-ucal-2018-2021-mustang-gt.html
Is that the case? Or can I ask for an sct x4 tune in the "description" field on your page for purchasing an off the shelf pbd tune?
Thanks!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Sct x4 can be married and unmarried to an ECU I believe it's 4 times (4 different ECU's) before needing to have SCT unlock it again.

As long as it's unmarried and has unlocks left you should be g2g with the tuner anyways. The tunes not sure about the canned ones, they will work but a custom tune is always better.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
SCT will unlock them by email now.

I believe Lund no longer tunes with SCT.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
PBD will work with your SCT X4 without problem... mine did. You will do your logs and tune flashing with it without any issue.
So it turns out pbd doesn't do a tune for the 2020.

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
This is a strange question and dont see a point in creating a thread just for it but i used to have a JB4 tuner on my previous car, which allowed for quick tune changes on the fly with a press of a button. No uploading or re writing. A friend of mine had a cobb tuner for his 2015 eco boost and said basically the same feature was there.

I cant seem to find any info on this for the GT but from what I've seen, im led to believe that only 1 tune works at a time and to switch tunes would require the few minutes to upload it?

Im interested in a variety of tunes for a variety of situations which is why i ask. I like the ghost cams to mess around for example but id quickly want to turn it off probably mid drive in traffic. id get pretty frustrated if i had to sit and wait every time since i dont exactly enjoy sitting in my car doing nothing while its off.

All in all, if not possible I'm probably better off not bothering with a tuner and just get a custom tune once i go hard with bolt and and such.
Sponsored