Sponsored

PSA: Not all 87mm GT350 Throttle Bodies are the same.

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
Hey All, I have a 2019 Mustang GT that is Roush Supercharged that is having some throttle related issues that I’m slowly troubleshooting because it’s not serious but I found something interesting about 87mm gt350 throttle bodies.

I’ve been told by a few people to try a replacement throttle body to fix my issues so I went to replace it and have found multiple part numbers. Roush says the part number I need for their kit is GR3Z-9E926-A. Cool, no problem, I’ll order it.

However, my S/C was installed by Lebonon Ford (reputable) and I went to take my TB off today and it has a part number of KR3E-9F991-AB.

My buddy has a gt350 87mm throttle body and he said he would let me try it. He shows up and it has a part number of GR3E-9F991 -AB and this time the connector has an extra Pin in the connector while the other two part numbers had 5 pins, this one has 6. We plugged it in just to see and the car threw a code for TPS (didn’t start the car)

These are all advertised as gt350 87mm throttle bodies but clearly there are differences here. I partly wanted to throw this info out there for anyone else and to probably say that hopefully this is my issue. If there are major differences between these throttle bodies maybe Lebonon ford put the wrong TB on my car. 🤷‍♂️ Not all GT350 87mm Throttle bodies are the same, make sure you check your part numbers. These three throttle bodies sitting next to each other are identical, bolt up no problem, and the connector fits on all three.
Sponsored

OP
OP
5OhSilver

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
The GT350 is analog and the 18+ Gen3’s are digital. Bullitt & Mach1 TB’s are 87mm Digital whereas all GT350 TB’s are 87mm analog.
So if Roush is using a 87mm on the 18+ S/C then it’ll be digital.
Interesting thanks for the info! So I guess the 5 pin connectors is an easy way to spot the digitals? Also that still means there are multiple TB part numbers that are digital.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Just get a Bullit/Mach1 TB. They have the electronics to work with 18+ GT cars. I have part number at home so I will update you later with it.

Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Interesting thanks for the info! So I guess the 5 pin connectors is an easy way to spot the digitals? Also that still means there are multiple TB part numbers that are digital.
Just an FYI, GR3Z-9E926-A is the service part number for the GT350, KR3E-9F991-AB is the engineering part number for the Mach1, and GR3E-9F991 -AB is the engineering part number for the gt350 and the same part as the service part. The service part number for the Mach1 is KR3Z-9E926-A. There are no digital gt350 TB's.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
The GT350 is analog and the 18+ Gen3’s are digital. Bullitt & Mach1 TB’s are 87mm Digital whereas all GT350 TB’s are 87mm analog.
So if Roush is using a 87mm on the 18+ S/C then it’ll be digital.
Just in case anyone missed the second post to this thread.
Sponsored

Last edited: