TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
First one that comes to mind is HRE, Vossen. God I would love a set of BBS though. Last I heard they were too busy with making OEM wheels than make wheels for the aftermarket.

Is there any kind of warranty on these 6GR wheels? Haven't seen any mention of it.
HRE FF wheels are made in Japan by a contract manufacturer. We're talking about flow formed wheels not forged.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
And HRE does not manufacturer their FF wheels. I've never seen Vossen wheels at the track before.
I didn't mean they personally manufacture them, but they do contract them out to the manufacturer, havr them made to their specs, and warranty them to assure people of its quality. What I'm asking is, do these wheels have such a guarantee or is it similar to just buying something off alibaba for cheap, then you're on your own after that

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am talking about flow formed wheels
What exactly is flow formed? I'm familiar with forged vs. cast wheels, but not flow formed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Alright guys so Allow me to explain and answer all the questions.

1. These wheels will have the standard warranty like everyone, one year on the finish limited lifetime on structure if they crack and such.

Now There are a few companies that make flow formed, flow forge, spun forged, rotory forged wheels.

TSW, Vossen, HRE, BBS, Stance, Vertini, Rohana etc.

Now that being said they have manufacturers make the wheels for them ( except for BBS and a few other select companies that can make it themselves).

Now that being said for instance HRE makes their own forged wheels and such but the flow formed wheels they have are contracted in Japan by a company which I myself do not know who it is.

Now in regards to Forged vs Flow forged The best way is with these videos they explain it the best.

But a quick response from me. A forged wheel is starts from a piece of T6061 Aluminium known as a Ingot then its shaped and heat treated into what would be the blank from there it is machined using their CNC machines to the design you order. You have a few types

Mono Black ( 1 piece)
2 piece
3 piece

[ame]

A Flow Formed wheel for instance starts off from a mold, that mold is say 6 inches wide with the design and such, then the wheel is placed on a flow forging machine which spins and heats the wheel and pulls the barrel down. By doing this material pour is more dense but it uses less material which allows for a lower weight, and when it is pulled and heated the way it is it allows for the molecular structure of the wheels to bond thus allowing a higher strength wheel as well.

Here is a video on how that process is done.

[ame]

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Alright guys so Allow me to explain and answer all the questions.

1. These wheels will have the standard warranty like everyone, one year on the finish limited lifetime on structure if they crack and such.

Now There are a few companies that make flow formed, flow forge, spun forged, rotory forged wheels.

TSW, Vossen, HRE, BBS, Stance, Vertini, Rohana etc.

Now that being said they have manufacturers make the wheels for them ( except for BBS and a few other select companies that can make it themselves).

Now that being said for instance HRE makes their own forged wheels and such but the flow formed wheels they have are contracted in Japan by a company which I myself do not know who it is.

Now in regards to Forged vs Flow forged The best way is with these videos they explain it the best.

But a quick response from me. A forged wheel is starts from a piece of T6061 Aluminium known as a Ingot then its shaped and heat treated into what would be the blank from there it is machined using their CNC machines to the design you order. You have a few types

Mono Black ( 1 piece)
2 piece
3 piece

A Flow Formed wheel for instance starts off from a mold, that mold is say 6 inches wide with the design and such, then the wheel is placed on a flow forging machine which spins and heats the wheel and pulls the barrel down. By doing this material pour is more dense but it uses less material which allows for a lower weight, and when it is pulled and heated the way it is it allows for the molecular structure of the wheels to bond thus allowing a higher strength wheel as well.

Here is a video on how that process is done.

Thanks for the video, that's an interesting process. I have to admit, the HRE monoblocks are still the most attractive wheel available, IMHO. They're also very expensive. :(

I think you said yours are FF forged, right? (Just looked and you said spun forged - same thing?) Are you going to offer other designs in the non-R & R fitments? Maybe something similar to the FF01?

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
What would be the effect of running the 20x11s and 305/30s at all four corners of a GT350? Would the 50mm offset be a problem with clearance in the front?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Please PM me a price for the 20 inch setup for both finishes. 20x10f, 20 x 11r

Sponsored
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the video, that's an interesting process. I have to admit, the HRE monoblocks are still the most attractive wheel available, IMHO. They're also very expensive. :(

I think you said yours are FF forged, right? (Just looked and you said spun forged - same thing?) Are you going to offer other designs in the non-R & R fitments? Maybe something similar to the FF01?
HRE wheels are beautiful I will not lie. As for other design's who knows only time will tell.

What would be the effect of running the 20x11s and 305/30s at all four corners of a GT350? Would the 50mm offset be a problem with clearance in the front?
The GT350 comes with a staggered setup from the factory 10.5/11. The vehicle comes 10.5 ET 30 and 11 ET 62 so that being said if you were to run the 11 ET 24 all around it wont fit on the rear it will stick out too far. the 11 Et 50 would work on the rear, but on the front you'll need at least a 20 mm spacer to make it clear.

Please PM me a price for the 20 inch setup for both finishes. 20x10f, 20 x 11r
You got it.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The GT350 comes with a staggered setup from the factory 10.5/11. The vehicle comes 10.5 ET 30 and 11 ET 62 so that being said if you were to run the 11 ET 24 all around it wont fit on the rear it will stick out too far. the 11 Et 50 would work on the rear, but on the front you'll need at least a 20 mm spacer to make it clear.
Thanks Paul...I wasn't aware the Project 6GR wheels were available in ET 24 - only 20x10 ET 35 and 20x11 ET 50. Sounds like we would need a 20x11 ET 35 to get close to a square setup that would fit front and rear. Is that correct?

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Paul...I wasn't aware the Project 6GR wheels were available in ET 24 - only 20x10 ET 35 and 20x11 ET 50. Sounds like we would need a 20x11 ET 35 to get close to a square setup that would fit front and rear. Is that correct?
Yes sir there are three variations

Standard S550 platofrm

20x10 ET 35
20x11 ET 50

19x10 ET 35
19x11 ET 50

R spec for the GT 350 and R

19x11 ET 24
19x11.5 ET 56

The main thing with making a 20x11 ET 35 is how much demand is there for that.

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Bump.

Don't want this thread to get buried underneath all the clucking. :)

Come on guys, we need a few more preorders to get the ball rolling.
Thank you brotha !
Sponsored