z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Like I said I will be investigating this weekend. I daily drive mine and also race it from time to time when someone takes the bait. The Camaro I ran against looked at my license plate (DONTRY) and thought he would give it a try. Didn't work to well for him.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
This is very odd. My bearings started squeaking also. Pulled the car into the garage. Checked alignment on everything, belt isn't rubbing anywhere and everything looks good. Just started hearing it on my way home from a night cruise. My mustang isn't my daily. My lightning is. So I maybe have 50-60 miles on this kit by doing datalogging for lund.
Please see my above post.
Bearing failure rare in an idler....
Debris on belt, causing squeak...way more common.

Call into the tech guys, and they will get you going :)

Like I said I will be investigating this weekend. I daily drive mine and also race it from time to time when someone takes the bait. The Camaro I ran against looked at my license plate (DONTRY) and thought he would give it a try. Didn't work to well for him.
Hahahahah thats the best!

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Hahahahah thats the best!
Kind of felt like I was eating my own though. He was a ProCharger guy also. Just a P1SC. It was like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Mine started chirping/speaking too when I reinstalled it on the 2016 car. Mine seems to do is when cold. Seems to go away when it gets hot. Only 5000 miles on the kit. Belt tracks perfectly. Have checked the two idler pulleys. They are good. Haven't checked the tensioner bearings yet.

Let me know what fixes yours. Nine might be similar.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Took the belt off and aligned the Gates laser tool. Strapped it to the closest to the engine ribs on the supercharger pulley. Basically putting the laser in line with the second rib in towards the front of the car. Rotated the supercharger pulley to shine the laser on the bracket pulley. The laser is showing on the 3rd rib of that pulley. I knew it was off for two reasons.

First it looks off. Lol

Secondly when tensioner pulley is not adjusted far enough down then belt wants to ride up on the supercharger pulley about 1 rib off. This happened when I first installed it and it actually shredded one entire rib off the belt. I had a 7 rib belt that night.

Here is a picture taken back in July. It shows what it did as I was investigating the right size since I was sent the wrong belt in the kit. (Procharger more than made up for that mistake)
20150801_164620_zpswwbeixbb.jpg

So after getting the right size belt I was just running a lot of tension to keep the belt on but it was working until the squeaking started. I agree with Procharger it is the belt making the noise but the head unit being off line from the mid pulley is causing my issue.

So the bracket pulley can't really get any closer to bracket so I would assume the the blower pulley needs to be spaced out 1/8" to 1/4" or whatever one rib is.

Procharger, any ideas?

Note to everyone. This is not a PC bashing thread. If anyone starts then I will delete it. This is about sharing of information.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Procharger, any ideas?

Note to everyone. This is not a PC bashing thread. If anyone starts then I will delete it. This is about sharing of information.
No worries, didn't take it as bashing.

We have seen some deviation on the timing cover mounting points on these cars, which have caused slight miss alignments. We have tried narrowing it down to production date ranges, but have had no luck. (Seems to be randomly scattered)

Just let me know what distance you need changed to make yours work, and I can get you taken care of. Feel free to PM me the length, name and address for shipping.

Again, due to the fact its rare, there is no consistency (some need to be shorter, others need longer) we have yet to find an actual "fix" other then just taking care of the few customers on a one-on-one basis. (Such as yourself)

Talk to you soon,

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I will do some exact measurements with pictures this weekend and send you a PM.

ProCharger is taking care of the issue again. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i think your out of luck, you should probably just buy an F1A =-)

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
This is very odd. My bearings started squeaking also. Pulled the car into the garage. Checked alignment on everything, belt isn't rubbing anywhere and everything looks good. Just started hearing it on my way home from a night cruise. My mustang isn't my daily. My lightning is. So I maybe have 50-60 miles on this kit by doing datalogging for lund.
Same thing...been datalogging with lund. Maybe have 50 miles on it tops. Pulled car in garage, spent the afternoon hooking up the Lund Boost module. Started car and thought I was killing canaries. Chirp, chirp chirp. I have checked all I can visually and tightness wise. Not sure if its belt or bearings.

Last edited:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Same thing...been datalogging with lung. Maybe have 50 miles on it tops. Pulled car in garage, spent the afternoon hooking up the Lund Boost module. Started car and thought I was killing canaries. Chirp, chirp chirp. I have checked all I can visually and tightness wise. Not sure if its belt or bearings.
I have the shared drive set up and have had zero belt noise from day one ..No belt slippage either even with the smaller pulley and more boost ..Chirping belt would drive me nuts ..:(

Sponsored
OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Its the belt making the noise for me but the pulley system being off is making the belts go bad. I won't be able to get to it until Monday afternoon my time.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Well I re-adjusted the belt. Still chirped. Took car out tonight and after 5-10 mins the chirp went away. I let the car cool down and went back out...chirp was there again for 5-10 mins then gone. Im guessing belt now as well.

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
A couple weeks ago my idler started chirping bad, I replaced bearing and no chirp. I am not ruling out the belt being too tight on initial install.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
A couple weeks ago my idler started chirping bad, I replaced bearing and no chirp. I am not ruling out the belt being too tight on initial install.
If you chirp comes back then its the belt. Mine did the same after replacing tow sets of bearings. Then I replaced the belt and it stayed better for longer but a chirp came back. I just got back from a vacation in Kauai so I will be taking a look at it tonight.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
O.k. so I took the belt off.

Calibrated the laser.

This is the fist measurement. As you can see the Laser is aligned with the second rib in from the engine side.

And the laser falls on the third rib in from the engine side. This is the pulley on the J-bracket itself. So this is not affected by the spacing or the timing cover.

Then I took that pulley off and then shot from the blower down to the crank pulley. The laser falls in between the 3rd and 4th rib in from the engine side.

Here is the spacer or collar between the blower pulley and the blower shaft.

My conclusion is that since the both the crank and the J-bracket idler are not in line with blower pulley it wants to walk the belt off. If I run the belt tightening procedure as called out in the instructions just a little loose then the belt wants to ride up onto the outside of the blower pulley. So I have to crank the tensioner down to prevent this. Well a belt will not be happy in this state and hence the chirping over time.

PCtech. I was going to send these in but they are all 4-5MB files.
Sponsored