Sponsored

Premium gen 3 wheels to fit over PP1 Brembos?

tbmx2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Premium PP1 MT82
I recently purchased a 2017 PP1 5.0 car, I am trying to get snow tires put on and found a good deal on someone selling the 6 spoke black premium 19" wheels from a gen 3 car, they already have winter tires on them. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this yet and had any luck with them fitting over the big brembo front calipers.

Originally I bought some 18" base model wheels but they did not fit.
Sponsored

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
I recently purchased a 2017 PP1 5.0 car, I am trying to get snow tires put on and found a good deal on someone selling the 6 spoke black premium 19" wheels from a gen 3 car, they already have winter tires on them. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this yet and had any luck with them fitting over the big brembo front calipers.

Originally I bought some 18" base model wheels but they did not fit.
I tried this on my OEM 19x8.5" Polished Aluminum wheels after I installed the larger Brembos and the barrel of the wheels fit just fine with plenty of clearance. My only real "concern" was the space between the spokes and the Brembo calipers... there is space, but not nearly as much as with the PP1/2 wheels.

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
Late reply, but the 19" and larger OEM wheels fit PP brembos fine. I had both the black 6 spoke 19's and the 20" premiums on mine
Sponsored