Sponsored

PP2 is up on configurator.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Different spring, struts, fender liner, and supposedly steering ratio. The tires along are over $800.

You're not buying new tires, springs, etc. You are substituting one for another, which should be a wash for the suspension bits, wheels, and maybe $200 for the wider, stickier rubber (remember, Ford isn't paying retail price for them).
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
$40k for PP1, which is more than I'd like to pay, but it does add up to a nicer car than the previous Base+PP. It includes things my car does not such as 301A, an expensive wing, and Sirius. Available with an auto too which is nice.

$45k for PP2 but no option for auto which isn't unusual to me.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
You're not buying new tires, springs, etc. You are substituting one for another, which should be a wash for the suspension bits, wheels, and maybe $200 for the wider, stickier rubber (remember, Ford isn't paying retail price for them).
Yeah try applying that to anything. PC makers aren't upgrading you to a 512GB SSD for the cost of different from 256 to 512 either. Welcome to the real world. I guarantee that would cost more if it was a Ford Performance package that you had to install yourself.

Is it cheaper to buy the PP2 with those parts on it than to buy a PP1 and then put those parts on yourself? Yes? Then it's a deal.. That's how it works. The PP1 is "just substituting parts" also. So why buy that?

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Here in Miami, FL those climate controlled seats turned out to be pretty useful for leather :D
Non-premium is cloth. No need for climate controlled seats. I couldn't do leather here in Charleston without remote start. Summer is painful.

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
You guys needing cooled seats because it's hot crack me up. I live in GA and have leather in my 15. I barely ever used the cooled seats because quite frankly they doesn't work all that well. With that said, I ordered a PP2 with leather Recaro seats this time because Race Car. ;)

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My wife works for a Ford dealer. I wont mention location or job title. But I am told she's allowed to purchase Ford parts at wholesale price. So if I had a part number for those wheels.....:shrug:
It won't be cheaper than the 5-10% over cost that anyone can get from Mike R. at AutoNation Ford or Steve @ Tasca. When Ford employees used to comeinto the pats department I worked at they always mentioned they had A plan pricing as if it was some special deal I hated to tell them that I could buy them cheaper.

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
As nice as the fully optioned PP2 5.0 ($53k) is, it's a no brainer to a pay a few grand more and get a new GT350. Anybody else agree?

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
As nice as the fully optioned PP2 5.0 ($53k) is, it's a no brainer to a pay a few grand more and get a new GT350. Anybody else agree?

I thought this too when I got my PP2 last month, but that price difference becomes a lot bigger when you use different discount plans, negotiation, and rebates offered by Ford currently. The GT350 isn't eligible for many of these, and assuming you'll find one that will sell at sticker, that gap starts to become larger. I was looking at an avalanche gray GT350 for 59k, this was 62k sticker), so it was under sticker for the features it had. With discounts, I was pushing 15k difference, which was too much for me to justify. If I was talking 6k difference, I would have thought about which to get a bit longer...

Not saying you can't find a cheaper GT350, but nobody should be paying anywhere near retail for a PP2, you can use plans, discounts, rebates, they are all eligible, plus some hard negotiating....

Reactions: 113

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
With X-Plan the following is 47,652 with the Presidents Day $750 bonus.
Triple Yellow(price parkup)
PP2
401A
Active Exhaust
Shaker audio

If I remove the "extras" a premium/401a/PP2 car is under $45.5 right now. A BASE with PP2 is under 42K with x-plan.

That's not to bad when a used 17-18 GT350 is about 56-59K. Yes it has coolers on it, but you're still saving a lot. A decent 2016 GT350 is even 48-53K if looking at Certified.
Also, don't forget about the 2k customer cash on Mustang's right now, there shouldn't be any restrictions on PP2, there wasn't when I got mine last month, this 2k applied on top of other plan discounts. a 51-52k PP2, should be around 45-46k out the door even if you only used xplan plus current incentives, maybe a little less with other local offers, or if your using more discounted plans (they may get you into the 44k range then).

Brand new GT350, you'll be at least 15k out the door more (assuming bottom end, 57k and you'll pay more takes on that amount then mid 40's on a PP2), most likely more, and this isn't even equipping it to be similar to what people are comparing on a well loaded PP2. GT350 is really about 61k if you get the convenience pack to have the sync3, heated/cooled seats/etc...

In the end, a 61k GT350 would be similar to a PP2 with 401A, Active Exhaust options, which will put you around 50k. The main difference is you can get that 50k car for 45k, possibly less. The 61k GT350, is still going to be 61k most places, maybe a couple less and often times it will be above sticker (depends on where you live and whats available and demand).

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
Thought this too....but dude, at least in NY, 2018 350s are at $78,999 inside the dealerships. They won't be sold anywhere near MSRP. My sales guy, who helps out everyone where I work, said he wouldn't sell it to me even if I asked because it is so over priced at a novelty value, it's not worth it and they cant budge on it.

I've seen used 2017 GT 350s on ebay in low $50k, but they're also all in southern or mid-west states no where near here, and not NEW.

I like new, where I know how the vehicle has been treated it's whole life and that no weird stains were ever made in it!

Also, if you like to mod. I think modding a 350 will hurt resale, if resale is something you consider. I usually don't consider it, but just a point.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
9-10K is a "few grand" ?

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Any chance a PP2 keeps its resale value like the gt350? I'm think maybe in the short term but after 4 years or so I don't think so.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Used C7 Corvettes, 2-3 yrs old, list around 50k.

[lockedintheirmentalbox] "But that's a totally different car!!11!!!" [/lockedintheirmentalbox]

It would be stupid NOT to compare the two sports cars. My rental experience with both shows they are both livable daily drivers.

So I'm very conflicted now on which to get as my second car; 2019 GT PP2, C7, or a unicorn 350 that falls into the same price range.

_
Yep, I would definitely daily my Corvette. It's a 14 and I love it. I've actually had it up for sale and it hasn't moved yet at 44k! And it's a LOADED Z51! I don't have experience with the pp2, but it's leaps and bounds better than my 15 GT PP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
A 301A + PP2 is really damn enticing. But I can't be upgrading at this point.
Sponsored