PP With extra 15hp

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
None PP Buyers would you purchase Ford Mustang GT PP with extra 15hp?
Let see if we would get enough response and hope Ford would consider 15hp PP option. Any thought?
Sponsored

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I think you're crazy lol.

But seriously, I think it would draw more people into buying the PP, but that's a gimmick that ford got away from some time ago. Unless they revised the motor some more (which will not happen), the only real way to get that would be a more aggressive tune, and the aftermarket will already do that anyways.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
None PP Buyers would you purchase Ford Mustang GT PP with extra 15hp?
Let see if we would get enough response and hope Ford would consider 15hp PP option. Any thought?

Isnt that really the GT PP with track key? If they want to bundle it, call it the GT PP R spec and save me $200 bucks, Im in!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm sure Ford Racing will have a tune with warranty for the car after launch.

Sponsored

OP
OP

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I think you're crazy lol.

But seriously, I think it would draw more people into buying the PP, but that's a gimmick that ford got away from some time ago. Unless they revised the motor some more (which will not happen), the only real way to get that would be a more aggressive tune, and the aftermarket will already do that anyways.
But if get that extra 15hp from Ford it's come with warranty, that the plus.
BTW it make PP more meaningful.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
A Ford TracKey tune does come with a Ford warranty.

Have you looked at the list of upgrades the PP includes?? It's a very meaningful package as it is...

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
Not a terrible idea but honestly PP means "Performance" Pack. Performance is subjective. Personally im happy with the brake upgrades, wheels/tires, suspension etc. I would have the 15 hp by other means anyway.

One of my favorite aspects of the PP is the upgraded radiator on the EB. Im tired of Turbo cars and their dinky radiators (looking at you Subaru), now im not sure just how much of an upgrade it will be but if its one less thing i have to worry about as the Power goes up im good with that.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT

I know what you're saying but the only cost effective way to add the hp is through a tune. With changes in engine calibration comes hundreds or thousands of testing hours as well as more battle with the EPA. It may be possible to do something like that in a year or two but I don't believe that Ford would do something like that immediately after a moderate redesign, especially considering it's also a huge model launch for them.

I'm not saying I don't want the power, I just don't think it's in fords scope right now, especially with all of the SVT vehicles they have been testing

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
With all the changes they made to the motor, trust me, they left themselves some cushion to turn up the wick some with no further changes.

But that cushion is what makes the TracKey option viable for them to market. They can't sell TracKeys if they give us every available HP from the factory. I'm hoping the TracKey bumps it to 450/410 or so. If that thing is available when my car is delivered, it will be installed before I leave the lot!

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Why would they sell a Track Key for the 2015 when it comes with a "Track Mode" driving mode?

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Why would they sell a Track Key for the 2015 when it comes with a "Track Mode" driving mode?
Just another way to hit you for a wad of cash..and they know loads of people will do it because it keeps their warranty. We will have to see what the track key tune looks like but if you get 80% of the performance bump over a custom tune and get to keep your warranty then thats pretty attractive.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
With all this talk of a Trackey for the S550, did I miss where it was confirmed that such a thing is coming, or is this all wishful speculation at this point? IIRC, that was only done so far on the Boss, right?

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
With all this talk of a Trackey for the S550, did I miss where it was confirmed that such a thing is coming, or is this all wishful speculation at this point? IIRC, that was only done so far on the Boss, right?
This was kind of what I was getting at. It seems to me like there really wouldn't be a need for a TracKey for the 2015 since it now has different driving modes. I'm sure there will be an FRPP tune available for it, but the need for the key seems to be no longer needed.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
You can get Trackey for a '13 or '14 GT as well, the '13's had to be built after a certain date though.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/Trackey/
Sponsored