Sponsored

PP 16 mustang GT brake job at 8k miles?

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Hello,

I have a Perf Pack Mustang GT, 2016 MY. My brakes are already squeaking upfront and think the pads need changed due to the consistency of the noise. Doesn't matter if its wet or dry, cold or hot, the brakes squeak. I'm only at about 7700 miles.

Is it normal to have the brakes done this early into the life of the vehicle?
Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Depends upon your usage. Any track days/autocross? Do you have a heavy foot? Like to race up to the stop sign and hit the brakes? Do you ride the brakes? Lots of reasons for pads to go. I am at 8800 miles and still going strong after 2 track days....so....

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Seems kinda premature. My brakes started squeaking at 1K but the pads are fine. I noticed the squeaks go away when the car is freshly washed so I'm thinking its the brake dust.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
i have found as many of my friends own these cars and some go to car washes where they use acid wheel cleaners and it does cause brake squeal

take the front calipers off the car, use non chlo brake cleaner, remove the pads and apply the brake copper anti seize on the backsides with a little acid brush, assembly and they should be noise free. i havent had brake squeal in 25 years since doing this. Permatex makes this you can pick up at a good auto parts store or you can go to any Porsche, BMW and Mercedes dealer and ask for a tube of brake paste at the parts counter, it comes in a toothpaste size tube for around $10

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Its simple to look thru the wheel, on the car, and you can see how much pad material is left.

Sponsored

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Brembos squeal on any application, any car. It is due to the brake pad material. This is normal. It does not necessarily mean the brakes are spanked.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Everybody uses brakes differently. A buddy and I took delivery of identical work cars. He went thru brakes twice as fast as I did. He is a drive 'er to the stop line hard and pound the brakes guy whereas I am a coast 'er in to the light kind of guy. I tend to drive way down the road visually whereas he targets the car ahead. Those kind of things make a big difference.

Danielfa14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
From what I know the Brembos on the gt pp cars are noisy. The pads also give off so much brake dust it's almost impossible to keep the wheels clean.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I had squealing on my PP brakes and I removed the pads and dug out the caked up dust in the gap in the middle of the pad faces and that solved it.
Sponsored