Sponsored

Possibly buying GT350 today, any last minute advice?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it’s because I’ve spent a lot of time around German high performance engines, but I’m a bit surprised with how controversial this issue has become here. High strung, high performance racing oriented engines can have this characteristic…nature of the beast, it’s not a Toyota Tacoma! Was actually watching a YouTube video on the Mercedes SLR McLaren the other night, a car I didn’t know much about, and there’s a sticker near the fuel fill up that says to check the oil at EVERY fill up (and that’s a $450K super car)…at least we’re every other fill :)
I think it's safe to say that this is a European engine.
A qt every 500 miles while on a race track, not on the street.
What's the difference between track and street? RPMS. Ford is saying that if you use the car for it's intended purpose, it will use oil. They are telling you to use separators if you will be reaching high RPMS. They can't really tell you that if you track this car in the street, you will use oil.
Google says otherwise bud!
1715270065720-7x.png

Not sure how the ROD came into this description.
I said from the beginning, it's an upside down lighting bolt. (Lightening rod)

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess I just can't wrap my head around this one. If the majority of GT350s don't burn any oil I guess we better start suing Ford because we have defective engines that are not high performance race engines.
Depends on how you drive. Depends if you've separated the oil. Depends if you have different rings....depends.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What's the difference between track and street?
Defend it all you want. If I built an engine and it used a Qt every 500 miles I'd tear it apart and find out what I F'd up.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Defend it all you want. If I built an engine and it used a Qt every 500 miles I'd tear it apart and find out what I F'd up.
That's why you don't build for formula 1. 🍻🍻

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That's why you don't build for formula 1. 🍻🍻
F1 clearances are so tight the engines are actually locked up till they warm the block to 100F. If they are using oil to that extent it is by design and is not leakage past the rings.

Sponsored
OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
Well, congratulations on the new to you purchase! So when you’re about done rearranging your garage, reading on here, enjoying the ride, and detailing it, post an image of it. 😁

Was it everything you expected when going to buy it?

There’s a lot of great folks on here and a lot of great tech too, so stick around.
Almost afraid to post this pic in case I get yelled at. 😄

Tool box still needs to find a new home. I'm thinking remove casters and it should slide under my work bench

Further purging of items might be required

20240507_173941.jpg

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Almost afraid to post this pic in case I get yelled at. 😄

Tool box still needs to find a new home. I'm thinking remove casters and it should slide under my work bench

Further purging of items might be required

20240507_173941.jpg
My garage has a wall that looks exactly like yours. I park the wife's Cayenne GTS on that side......🤣

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
My garage has a wall that looks exactly like yours. I park the wife's Cayenne GTS on that side......🤣
I wanted to put wife's tahoe there but there's a gutter that sticks out a tad too far off the pillar in front porch

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Doesn't look to shabby to me! I wall mount as much as humanly possible, really cleans up the space and just looks right to me. I'm similarly tight on the passenger side...but all good, I'd rather have it be impassible and require the car to be pulled out to get by vs. just "close enough" for my wife to try and sneak by and scratch the sh** out of the car...intentional :)

Also, the door on this car is just massive...if you park on the opposite side, would be much harder for me to get out! The door on my M2 is like half the length of this thing...

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
OP. You got a great looking Shelby! Any updates on the extended warranty from Granger? I was looking at their website for my 17 R and looks like they dont offer any longer?
Sponsored