Possible tpms issue

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Hey guys, is it possible to damage a tpms? I hit a curb while turning about 2 months ago and ever since then my tire has been indicating low. I got in my car today and it says my tire is at 17lbs....I checked with my gauge and it says 30....is there a way to reset the tpms? If not, what is involved in getting a new one? Thanks
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's possible of course.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Could be you damaged the tire a bit also and it has a slow leak somewhere, have you checked the tire?

OP
OP
Gdyup50

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
All I checked was the stem, and there wasn't any leak there. I'm going to check the pressure again today and see if it's changed, but I think the tpms might be damaged. Unless of course it's flat when I go out there later, lol

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
All I checked was the stem, and there wasn't any leak there. I'm going to check the pressure again today and see if it's changed, but I think the tpms might be damaged. Unless of course it's flat when I go out there later, lol
Keep us posted.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
are tpms sensors covered under vehicle factory warranty, or is anything that happens to them just considered road hazard with the tire?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
are tpms sensors covered under vehicle factory warranty, or is anything that happens to them just considered road hazard with the tire?
Depends on what happens, if they just fail there is a warranty if you fill the tire with gunk to patch a nail or hit it somewhere they dont cover that.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i only know of one tpms failure that involved a road hazard. it wasn't a ford. someone hit a pothole right where the sensor was and the impact was so hard the tire developed a huge bubble in the sidewall, bent the oem wheel lip, and the sensor had completely failed despite having no visible damage to it (ie. it was no longer sending data). the car was out of warranty and all costs came out of the owner's pocket.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
i only know of one tpms failure that involved a road hazard. it wasn't a ford. someone hit a pothole right where the sensor was and the impact was so hard the tire developed a huge bubble in the sidewall, bent the oem wheel lip, and the sensor had completely failed despite having no visible damage to it (ie. it was no longer sending data). the car was out of warranty and all costs came out of the owner's pocket.
Thats a rare case, but it does occur.
Sponsored