Sponsored

Possible setup for base audio system, thoughts?

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Hey guys. I think I've finally decided what I'm going to do for my stereo. This car is a project for me and I plan on working on it for years. A couple years down the road I want to do a full-on redo of the audio, but for now I'm going to stick with the following:

Rockford Fosgate R-1675-S components up front
Rockford Fosgate R-1675X2 composite 2-ways in the rear (giggidy)
Rockford Fosgate P300 12-inch powered sub
KnuKonceptz 4-guage OFC wire amp kit
AudioControl LC2i active line-out converter + AccuBass restoration with remote

All speaker wires will be soldered and shrink wrapped. Power will be sent to a distribution block for the LC2i and sub to share. Speakers will be mounted in brackets and I will use gasket taping. I went with the chosen speakers because reviews said they work well with low power and they have a very high sensitivity rating. I will probably at some point replace the headunit with the Moddiction or Raxiom unit, but I want to wait until there is decent US-based customer support and the bugs have been worked out. I'm surprisingly happy with the little 4" screen now.

Of course, since I'll be doing the entire install myself, it gave me yet another excuse to buy the Steeda jack rails and very nice floor jack (Liftmaster 2.5 ton aluminium) and jack stands (Torin 43004 tubular locking 3-ton stands) :D.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
It should sound pretty good (without breaking the bank). I'm running something similar right now (except no subwoofer yet ) with Polk components up front and coaxials in the rear. I've got an Audiocontrol LC2i, MTX 10" subwoofer, and US Acoustics mono sub amp sitting on my workbench waiting to be installed. I need to either build a box or buy a pre-made box. I'm also playing the waiting game on the different screens being offered soon.

I'd suggest damping around the woofers on both the doors and in the rear deck along with gasket material to separate the front/rear of the woofers as much as possible.

OP
OP

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I'd suggest damping around the woofers on both the doors and in the rear deck along with gasket material to separate the front/rear of the woofers as much as possible.
Good idea. I had forgotten that. I just purchased a roll of FatMat for the install.
Sponsored