Sponsored

Possible gt350 purchase

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
Long time lurker on this sight , I have been going back and forth with a dealer for the last couple of days over a dib with black stripes tech pack(I know limp mode) just got off phone where I can purchase car for 1000.00 above sticker .I was sticking to my principles about adm bit think I'm going to cave due to no dib on 2017 .Will update shortly incase I don't buy and post info for others.
Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Most dealers had to pay $1000 buy-in option to the shelby program. I got my car from a very small dealer in Oklahoma and I agreed to pay back this option if they could order me the car. If it was your dealers only car, then you are essentially paying them list for it.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
If you're not going to the track, not counting autocross which doesn't stress the car enough, then I'd go for it. In my opinion limp mode issue is overstated and I haven't experienced limp mode. I've driven hard in hot temps for NY (94 and humid), tracked it at Pocono (on a cool day of 65 max), sat in bumper to bumper NYC traffic for 1/2 hour over a 4 mile stretch on a 85deg day and auto crossed it.

With that said I'm sure on a hot day I'd experience limp mode at a track (not autocross) and that is why I say if you aren't going to track it. Also in interest of full disclosure it does seem some peoples cars go into limp mode sooner than others. However with the expectation that Ford will release a fix soon limp mode may be a thing of the past.

Also, expect 2016 tech pack resale to be lower if you are planning on keeping it for only a short time.

Last edited:

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Long time lurker on this sight , I have been going back and forth with a dealer for the last couple of days over a dib with black stripes tech pack(I know limp mode) just got off phone where I can purchase car for 1000.00 above sticker .I was sticking to my principles about adm bit think I'm going to cave due to no dib on 2017 .Will update shortly incase I don't buy and post info for others.
Don't pay any ADM. Just not worth it. We can talk ourselves into anything and it sounds like you may be doing just that by mentioning the fee the dealer paid. Thats just a cost of doing business for the dealer. You can find one for msrp if you keep looking. A significant amount of msrp deals have popped up on 16's in the past month since the 17's are hitting the streets. You will need that extra $1,000 for oil changes, tires, etc. An oil change runs $125.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
Gt350 purchase

Unfortunately I caved and I will be paying the 1000.00 adm I wanted the color ,until this time my track consisted of 10.4 going somewhat straight so I looking forward to making turns and Hopefully having cooler issues worked out,but I'm looking to put some miles on this car as my current collection has tops 1000 miles combined in last 8 years so I'm going to enjoy this car almost daily during the summer time .IM unfortunately on vacation and won't be getting car till end of july and it will be a 700 plus mile ride home I will update when it's official and on road .I want to give a thank you to all the people that posted there purchases as it mad3 mode mine so much easier .

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Also, expect 2016 tech pack resale to be lower if you are planning on keeping it for only a short time.
There is absolutely no evidence in the marketplace to support this. :tsk:

Unfortunately I caved and I will be paying the 1000.00 adm I wanted the color ,until this time my track consisted of 10.4 going somewhat straight so I looking forward to making turns and Hopefully having cooler issues worked out,but I'm looking to put some miles on this car as my current collection has tops 1000 miles combined in last 8 years so I'm going to enjoy this car almost daily during the summer time .IM unfortunately on vacation and won't be getting car till end of july and it will be a 700 plus mile ride home I will update when it's official and on road .I want to give a thank you to all the people that posted there purchases as it mad3 mode mine so much easier .
Congratulations on your purchase - and for proving once again that it is the buyers that set the selling price, not the dealers.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
There is absolutely no evidence in the marketplace to support this. :tsk:
Spa2k, I agree that there may not be evidence for GT350 but there is for other cars such as engine problems on 996 and 997.1 Porsches, LS7 powered cars, BMW dual clutch tranny cars, etc. I can speak from my own experience of shopping for a track day vehicle that I was thinking of paying a premium for a 997.2 car just to avoid the IMS issue in the previous gen.

Look, I'm not saying the values will be in the toilet. All I'm saying is IMO they will be a couple of grand lower due to the lack of coolers from the factory when used '16 and '17 are available alongside one another in another year or two.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
No one should buy a car for a short time used time. Tech and tracks seem to be about the same neither will get you msrp private sale

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
All I'm saying is IMO they will be a couple of grand lower due to the lack of coolers from the factory when used '16 and '17 are available alongside one another in another year or two.
I don't believe that will be true for the GT 350. As they are doing now, the majority of future used buyers will be looking for a '16 Tech Package car because it will have the options they want. In addition, Track Package cars may be worth less than the Techs, because of the perception (except for a few folks looking for a car specifically to run on the track) that they've had a hard life and been beat on. The '17s will bring a little higher price than the '16s, but one of the first questions a potential buyer will ask is, "Has it been tracked?"

I'll meet you back here in 3 or 4 years to see who's right. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
Gt w50 purchase

Spa I have to agree with you concerning my interest in fox mustangs ,I know any limited option car between 88-93 was probably beat to death a 1/4 mile at a time .But I bought my gt 350 to drive daily I'm tired of having nice mustangs that have 500 miles extra in 5 years .Hopefully we will be all right in 5 years

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I don't believe that will be true for the GT 350. As they are doing now, the majority of future used buyers will be looking for a '16 Tech Package car because it will have the options they want. In addition, Track Package cars may be worth less than the Techs, because of the perception (except for a few folks looking for a car specifically to run on the track) that they've had a hard life and been beat on. The '17s will bring a little higher price than the '16s, but one of the first questions a potential buyer will ask is, "Has it been tracked?"

I'll meet you back here in 3 or 4 years to see who's right. :thumbsup:
This is exactly my thinking, if I', a potential used car buyer, would I shop for a Trak or Tech? If I, the used car buyer, did my homework, I should know which of the two probably saw more track time and which one was, for lack of a better word, abused more.

Therefore, I don't agree with GT350 owners stating that the Tech is or will be down in resale value.

PS
This car is a lifetime keeper :clap2:

codeman94

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.codycolliermusic.com
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang
two reason for tech pack to possibly be less valuable as the car ages.

--Tech ages a car. Ever been in a Mercedes or Land Rover from 2000? That old tech is hilariously dated. In the next 15 years, it will likely become obsolete, and a terrible reminder of how archaic technology was in 2016.

--Smaller spoiler. In 2017, I believe every car gets the 2016 track pack spoiler. I think time will be good to the taller spoiler, and the 2016 tech pack spoiler will become an eyesore.... and we'll see questions like "I found a used GT350 for sale, but whats up with the tiny spoiler... is that stock?"

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
two reason for tech pack to possibly be less valuable as the car ages.

--Tech ages a car. Ever been in a Mercedes or Land Rover from 2000? That old tech is hilariously dated. In the next 15 years, it will likely become obsolete, and a terrible reminder of how archaic technology was in 2016.

--Smaller spoiler. In 2017, I believe every car gets the 2016 track pack spoiler. I think time will be good to the taller spoiler, and the 2016 tech pack spoiler will become an eyesore.... and we'll see questions like "I found a used GT350 for sale, but whats up with the tiny spoiler... is that stock?"
Will the 2017s have updgraded "technology" as compared to the 2016s?
Can the "tiny" spoiler be replaced?
Sponsored