Last edited:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
There's quite a bit of wind noise and my phone sucks at taking video but hopefully you can see the AFR stays between 14 -15 on down shifts. Lots of popping and I'm sure if I had off road headers instead of stock it would be much louder. It already is quite loud in person. Very nice intimidating sound.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Guys,

I bump this topic as I'm really interested to have a popping exhaust, I really like how that sound when decelerating :D

What can I do to my car to have the popping ?
I have a complete Corsa Extrem Exhaust on my car, no tune, no new air intake.

It's a GT with auto trans.

Any help will be really appreciate :cheers:

Cheers
John

Like the popping sound in this video :

[ame]

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Guys,

I bump this topic as I'm really interested to have a popping exhaust, I really like how that sound when decelerating :D

What can I do to my car to have the popping ?
I have a complete Corsa Extrem Exhaust on my car, no tune, no new air intake.

It's a GT with auto trans.

Any help will be really appreciate :cheers:

Cheers
John

Like the popping sound in this video :

All that popping is nuts. I didn't know a V6 could sound like that .

Sponsored

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
I can't tell you why the exhaust pops, but I know the timing of the cams and engine calibration from the factory either allow it or don't. When Ford was designing the Focus RS, the engineers were asked to add more popping to the exhaust. They stated it was possible but would hurt mileage slightly. The project manager won out and the RS has a burble or pop on decel.

I believe the Mustang has been programmed to have some pop/burble, but it is mainly suppressed with the stock exhaust. If you just want to accentuate what the car already has, I would look for an exhaust that eliminates the resonator and uses a straight through muffler. My Magnaflow competition will pop/burble on decel., but is fairly mellow.

If you want something that sounds like you set off a pack of black cat firecrackers or a crotch rocket on the rev limiter you will need another brand. The Magnaflows are designed to be deeper and more mellow. Happy hunting!

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I had some Borla ATAKs on my 13 V6 it would pop on downshifts and deceleration. I actually had those welded in to my 16 GT with a H pipe. Zero pop. It was loud as all hell and didn't drone but none of the popping from the V6. Switched over to Borla S type catback still no pop. Definitely think it has more to do with the engine and tune than the exhaust itself. But that's more based on my experiences with the Coyote thus far.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
An exhaust may help a little, but probably just let you hear it better. Stock it doesn't do it much at all. To make popping it's really in how you tune it. Not many tuners would probably want to support a novelty such as this.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
not gonna lie, wish my Mustang had a bit of pops and burbles like my Focus RS.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Short clip

Mine pops usually after heavy acceleration and occasionally after some mid range cruising. Kooks 1 7/8 headers with green cats and stock resonator and catback.

Personally, I am liking this setup because it gets loud (not jet engine loud but definitely louder than stock) when I get on it but is mellow when I'm not.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The pops and burbles are a result of unburnt fuel and oxygen combusting in the exhaust along with valve overlap and spark timing/order... essentially it's manufactured inefficiency. You sure you want that?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The pops and burbles are a result of unburnt fuel and oxygen combusting in the exhaust along with valve overlap and spark timing/order... essentially it's manufactured inefficiency. You sure you want that?
Came here to say just that. You get it as your engine slows down because the momentum of exhaust gasses pulls fresh air-fuel mixture through the cylinder into the hot exhaust during valve overlap.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Came here to say just that. You get it as your engine slows down because the momentum of exhaust gasses pulls fresh air-fuel mixture through the cylinder into the hot exhaust during valve overlap.
to be fair, a v8 sports/muscle car isnt a perfect model of efficiency.
Sponsored