Sponsored

Poor Sirius reception?

jvzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hi Keltymd. Sure sounds like it's resolved on the 2017 which leads me to believe they know of the issue and resolved it without admitting a fix was needed.
Sponsored

jvzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually wound up calling Ford Customer Relations team today and asked about the issue. The first thing they said was they have not heard of this particular issue and for me to contact Sirius. I already did that weeks ago and Sirius said for me to contact Ford. The rep at Ford I spoke with today said I should just bring my car to my dealership and have them diagnose the issue. They might keep it a few days to just try and reproduce the issue and go from there. I really don't want to even go that route considering other folks comments in this forum about the issue where a replacement antenna for the Escape and F-Series resolved the issue. Problem is that nothing has been done for our Mustangs yet.
What to do... What to do...

jvzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has there been any update on this from anyone? This issue still persists for me on my 2016 GT.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I plan to have mine looked at when the recall is performed. The fewer visits to the dealer the better.

Sponsored

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
Interesting. Are there any 17 users with the issues?
I have a 17 GT with reception issues. On a side note I did not upgrade to GPS. But my 13 Veloster that has Sirius had great reception on the same route. So it is a Ford problem.

jvzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to be convinced this issue is tied to the T-Mobile tower issue and Sirius that has been discussed here and other forums. My NAV Sirius cuts out (Acquiring Signal) the same spot on highway here in SFL on my way to work everyday. I've heard other folks say with their 2017 Mustang GT's that it wasn't an issue. Now i'm seeing above in last comment it is. Ford needs to make right by this and issue a fix already. My stang is a 2016 GT and has the issue. It's super annoying when my sat cuts out.

Anyone from FORD ever read these threads? Tag them in here!

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
I'm starting to be convinced this issue is tied to the T-Mobile tower issue and Sirius that has been discussed here and other forums. My NAV Sirius cuts out (Acquiring Signal) the same spot on highway here in SFL on my way to work everyday. I've heard other folks say with their 2017 Mustang GT's that it wasn't an issue. Now i'm seeing above in last comment it is. Ford needs to make right by this and issue a fix already. My stang is a 2016 GT and has the issue. It's super annoying when my sat cuts out.

Anyone from FORD ever read these threads? Tag them in here!
I want to state that I don't use Ford or Sirius nav in my car. I use Waze and now that Android Auto is working I use that. If it is tied to the nav antenna then that is an issue.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Definitely is a problem with the antenna. During the trial period, I would lose signal all over town. Never had an issue with my Infiniti I had before my mustang.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I own a 2013 explorer, no problem
2015 mustang..signal drop. Same roads

Sponsored

Orgalorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
'16 Owner with great reception but the common lack of Sirius sound quality. I have XM in other vehicles and it's exponentially higher in sound quality.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I get good reception, it just sounds like shit. I never use it any more and I used the crap out of it in my other cars. Not sure if its even worth asking Ford what they are doing about it

lakeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 echoboost premieium
Mine was fixed today my dealer ordered a 17 antenna painted it and installed it no more problems

mitchswy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Oxford White
Mine was fixed today my dealer ordered a 17 antenna painted it and installed it no more problems
Lakeron, was that done as warranty work or did you have to pay them to do that for you? I might have to check into that.
Sponsored