2015 GT PP CO
cars and resale value... ha. ha. ha.
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Over here in the UK the Mustang is rare and it's still at least an 8 month wait if you go and order one.

I had to wait 1 year and during that time Ford UK put the price up 4 times.

People are managing to sell their cars for what they paid for them even after one year of ownership.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Mustangs are definitely a car you buy to own, or you purchase used. I have a hard time owning a sports car that's been owned by someone else because it always rests in your mind of what was done to it, how long will it last, etc, so I purchased it new.

My car now with 13k miles is $10,000 less than when I paid for it new. My 15 WRX with 57k miles only lost $10,000 from the time of purchase (new).

Not that I'm complaining but these are things you need to consider before buying a car. What are your plans. How long do you plan on keeping it. The term of your loans, the money you put down, etc.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Unless it's a limited model like a Shelby, Z/28, etc. it's going to lose it's value period.

Vettes, BMW's, Benz all of them lose their value.

Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
It's a Ford. There are, what, millions of these things now. Many people overpaid at the dealership in the first place. There is an underlying (and often correct) perception that the car was used aggressively vs. as your usual to work and back appliance. List goes on.

Didn't scare me any, whatever that previous owner did in 7k miles probably isn't as bad as I've hammered mine in the last months. I'll take the 14.5 k off sticker.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Actually get an FJ Cruiser. Best resale value and reliability.:thumbsup:
FakeJeep Cruiser. God the interior on those things are trash....of course there isnt much in the Toyota lineup that has a nice interior. I'll take the Wrangler every time.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
FakeJeep Cruiser. God the EVERYTHING on those things are trash....of course there isnt much in the Toyota lineup that has a nice interior. I'll take the Wrangler every time.
fixed...but that is what you get when you get a Japanese redneck.

Sponsored

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
fixed...but that is what you get when you get a Japanese redneck.

Yea dunno about that having owned the Tacoma and an FJ at one point i'd take those over any mopar product. Why did i have to put new brake lines on a 2 year old Jeep Cherokee? As god awful interior/comfort as they are Toyota does make reliable trucks.

On that note i wish i could afford a Raptor :-(

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My 1997 Mustang GT with a 2003 Mach 1 motor, MAC exhaust, 3.73 rear end gears, Steeda suspension, modified transmission, full custom audio and lots of little visual enhancements sold for private party blue book value.

Still worth it. And I'm doing it all again with my EB. :headbang:

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I've come to learn that the only decent resale value is a Tacoma or 4Runner. And even then it's not bullet proof
No kidding!! I almost bought a Tacoma instead of the Mustang GT. Even 2013's are still listed for $30k. And 2016 was just a major redesign too!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
It's a Ford. There are, what, millions of these things now. Many people overpaid at the dealership in the first place. There is an underlying (and often correct) perception that the car was used aggressively vs. as your usual to work and back appliance. List goes on.

But most importantly... it's a Ford. Not even the "amazing" Ford F-150 retains resale value I'd be happy with.
I disagree.

Had my EB F-150 for 4.5 years and 55,000 miles and traded in on mustang and only was a $8,000 difference from what i paid for it. $1,800 a year, or $.15 a mile usage is pretty damn decent return. Especially given when it was traded in it needed new tires, and the front bumper was wrinkled from a minor collision.
Sponsored